Now This Sounds Rather Interesting!

AJL

Interesting but expensive. As Mike said, an LS motor will make that sort of power (and more torque) easily with some mods to help breathing and a fairly mild cam and significantly more if you push the boat out. Even at the current exchange rate it'll be significantly cheaper too!

There is a bit more to this than an engine. There is a gearbox, suspension work, all the R+D to make it all work, someone to do the fitting etc. Yes, a man in his shed could make something similar for less.

I can only imagine how many months it might take, eh Will?

Chris

I have been lucky enough to test drive this beastie and can only comment as follows.

The vehicle pictured was built for a foreign gentleman who specified things like bumper and side exhausts him self, personal choice.

Driving! Well i have driven fast cars before and to be honest very frequently been disappointed, The ZULU is quite the opposite!

I expected a fast Landrover (and have converted and driven a few Chevy V8 90s in my time) but still a Landrover,

What I test drove was FAR FAR FAR too good to be called a Landrover! It is to the standard of a good BMW I assure you!

It goes Very well, but with 460bhp you expect that! But it emergency stops in a straight line from 60mph with your hands off of the wheel, and it stops like a modern "large" sports car!!!!

It handles like "well, like and old 8 valve integrale" Floor it half way round a roundabout and it just squats slightly and whooomph! off it goes, exactly where you point it! And VERY quickly indeed!!! This is chipped Sierra Cosworth fast!!!

The gear shift is perfect, smooth and gentle, You feel the shifts, but only just!

Driving comfort. gone is the big body roll, it still has a slight roll, but only like a normal family saloon! Gone are the rattles and noisy interior, and that was WITHOUT any extra sound insulation mats etc.

In short, the whole package was to the highest level and for 34,000 you are not making anyone rich I can assure you!!!

Anyone not agreeing should try making a vehicle to the standards above and offer it as a salable item!

Look under the bonnet, (the blue hoses were again "customer specified") and you will see that every detail is to the highest "factory" spec, and hence my comments about it being too good to call a Landrover ;)

First rate vehicle that makes the likes of Overfinch look like armatures!

Lara.

Interesting but expensive. As Mike said, an LS motor will make that sort of power (and more torque) easily with some mods to help breathing and a fairly mild cam and significantly more if you push the boat out. Even at the current exchange rate it'll be significantly cheaper too!

Don't forget the part about adding 80kg to the weight also though Will, that 4.2 is a very light lump in comparison ;)

Lara

I wonder is the official launch day will be Wednesday?

Chris

Quite ;)

They've ommitted to list the colour coded baseball cap, trainers and heavy gold chains to go with it.

I never cease to be amazed at attempts to turn what is designed to be a utility vehicle into something else.

I have been lucky enough to test drive this beastie and can only comment as follows.

The vehicle pictured was built for a foreign gentleman who specified things like bumper and side exhausts him self, personal choice.

Driving! Well i have driven fast cars before and to be honest very frequently been disappointed, The ZULU is quite the opposite!

I expected a fast Landrover (and have converted and driven a few Chevy V8 90s in my time) but still a Landrover,

What I test drove was FAR FAR FAR too good to be called a Landrover! It is to the standard of a good BMW I assure you!

It goes Very well, but with 460bhp you expect that! But it emergency stops in a straight line from 60mph with your hands off of the wheel, and it stops like a modern "large" sports car!!!!

It handles like "well, like and old 8 valve integrale" Floor it half way round a roundabout and it just squats slightly and whooomph! off it goes, exactly where you point it! And VERY quickly indeed!!! This is chipped Sierra Cosworth fast!!!

The gear shift is perfect, smooth and gentle, You feel the shifts, but only just!

Driving comfort. gone is the big body roll, it still has a slight roll, but only like a normal family saloon! Gone are the rattles and noisy interior, and that was WITHOUT any extra sound insulation mats etc.

In short, the whole package was to the highest level and for 34,000 you are not making anyone rich I can assure you!!!

Anyone not agreeing should try making a vehicle to the standards above and offer it as a salable item!

Look under the bonnet, (the blue hoses were again "customer specified") and you will see that every detail is to the highest "factory" spec, and hence my comments about it being too good to call a Landrover ;)

First rate vehicle that makes the likes of Overfinch look like armatures!

Lara.

Sounds more interesting B)

Well,

If I have one it will be in Tomb Raider colours,

An external cage. Have a 2 inch lift, 35 inch Mickey Thompson tyres, and a Winch etc,

And will get used for long distance fun!

You are the customer and that is the whole point!!!

And believe me, I haven't had so much fun in a modern car ever!!!!!

Lara

Don't forget the part about adding 80kg to the weight also though Will, that 4.2 is a very light lump in comparison ;)

Lara

I don't know the exact weight of the Jag engine but I seem to recall from my conversations with someone installing one that it weighs more than the LS. The LS7 is sub 200kg.

Other than that I agree with everything you say, the time involved in building that to a high standard would be huge.