I saw an interesting Land Rover today . . . .

the axles are pretty wide...

The front wheels certainly fill the arches, moreso that i'd expect with series items and defender wing spats, and i'm sure you can see what looks like a radius arm on the front axle

Guest noggy

it is for sure coiled at the front and leafed at the rear.

92.9 can you just like..... have a look underneath it for us next time you pass AND stick a note on :D

92.9 can you just like..... have a look underneath it for us next time you pass AND stick a note on :D

Wot he said! :D I'd sure like to find out more about the suspension set up, it seems to work well on Toyota 70s, they're a great load carrier & seem to ride OK too. I suspect this would as well.

Steve

Right, stuff it. 92.9: can you force the locks, lift it to a safe workshop and dismantle it for us please? We need technical drawings, part numbers and a stress analysis if you find time. :)

you forgot the air freshener flavour :P:lol::P

it is for sure coiled at the front and leafed at the rear.

Right, stuff it. 92.9: can you force the locks, lift it to a safe workshop and dismantle it for us please? We need technical drawings, part numbers and a stress analysis if you find time. :)

I'll probably get caught underneath it and end up having lots of explaining to do! :lol:

As has been pointed out, it definitely has radius arms at the front as I can see them more clearly in the original photograph. I noticed the wider track, but rather stupidly didn't notice the lack of leaf springs at the front!

Next time I'm passing I'll see if I can find out a bit more. I don't normally do things like leave messages on people's cars, but this is an interesting Land Rover, so I might have to.

I guess it has later 90/110 front wings due to the side repeaters. Also the gap from the back of the doors to the start of the tub looks slightly longer than a standard 110/109 hicap.

Definitely needs more investigation.

Will.

Wouldn't happen to know an offroad vehicle nutcase in Dorset by the name of Richard Watton by any chance Mike ? Has or had a LandRover 101, an Alvis Stalwart and a Leyland Martian. Currently owns a 6x6 Volvo C306 I think. Met him a couple of times during his various trips to OZ.

Bill.

Further to my last reply I have investigated and he is the person I was thinking of! He's a friend of my friend Jayne. She knew of your existence over there, so you are obviously newsworthy in these parts!

It's a small world! :)

Mike

Nothing yet. I haven't been out that way recently! :lol:

I'm surprised he hasn't appeared on here actually. Usually when someone mentions a Land Rover somewhere the owner pops up in the relevant forum thread.

Further to my last reply I have investigated and he is the person I was thinking of! He's a friend of my friend Jayne. She knew of your existence over there, so you are obviously newsworthy in these parts!

It's a small world! :)

Mike

I've been regularly surprised over the years at how small the LandRover world can be,even before the advent of the internet. Please ask Jayne to pass on my regards to Richard next time she is in touch.

Bill.

• 1 year later...

Blimey, I forgot all about this! Looks as if it's a long way from where I last saw it.

Disco-Ron, I used to be a member of FoDRoW, but no actual car clubs so far. I'll have a look at Dorset Rover. I didn't know about them.

:)