Howlin Wolf Round 4 (Wern Ddu)

We had a fantastic time at clyro, But broke a half shaft and CV, ripped off the N/S front wing but all about sorted now just needs another coat of autoglym and we are ready for round 4 :rolleyes:

So can anyone give me a clue on what to expect from Wern Ddu Deep Water? More super steep welsh hills? :o

Cheers Andy (Driver Team Gunit)

Well its steep in parts, a bit steeper in others and even steeper on the rest, Steep rockey gulleys, dont remember there being any water, tree sections open hillside, so its a typical welsh hillside but a good site, we rolled on this event aswell, try not to do it again this year,

Carl.

We're gutted about round 4

We wont be in attendance due to working thr Eastnor Land Rover show

Have fun everyone (if all the championship contenders in class 3 could have a really bad day that would be very good)

:D

Any chance you could get Nobby on the stand as well <_<

Well its steep in parts, a bit steeper in others and even steeper on the rest, Steep rockey gulleys, dont remember there being any water, tree sections open hillside, so its a typical welsh hillside but a good site, we rolled on this event aswell, try not to do it again this year,

Carl.

Forgot about the bog, deep and sticky and a lot of winching, great fun,

Carl.

Any chance you could get Nobby on the stand as well <_<

we will be there North Wales that is.......... Sorry Bob

and if you thought Clyro has some steep banks they are just baby hills compared to up there, all jokes aside as Carl said it is a cracking site just watch out for the steep hills at the top of the site, the boggy section at the btm and the dead sheep in the middle and you should do ok

Nobby

Carl, you forgot to mention how steeeeeeeeeep it is in places, and how scaaaaary in others,

and you forgot to mention how the trees that grow there in abundance on the slate hillside don'thave any roots and are just stood up, untillyou put a strop on em!!!

and you forgot to mention the most important thing, DON'T let your co-driver get drunk for 2 nights in a row, because they are then useless and scary, :blink:

Did you mention how steep it is ??? :o:o:o

Last year I remember all the vets taking a look, shaking and immeadiatly putting their new ropes on, the ones they had been saving for a special occastion.

Can't wait, lets hope it's not so wet this year, the car park was a challenge on it's own. See ya all there boys

the car park is bigger now but just as muddy if its wet, the mud bog is deeper than ever, the ruts (gully's) are slightly deeper due to the pounding from the mx bikes.

apart from that just as bad last yr.

the stench - made be wretch.. ruddy nasty. about 4 sheep I found via rugby boots scratching the surface and unleashing smell - - nasty.

good site though. you will need some good staminia for this site. luckily I will be with Glynn, so only a half days run - -only joking mate, it will all be fine. But make sure you double check everything before and test properly, as we do not want any more failures e.g. ARB's or pumps or belts or anything else.

ps - - is there a hotel near?

And dont forget the dead sheep laying in the bog :o pig' jumped on one and it split :lol: did arf stink :huh::P

''Steep''........ you mean fu*king steep :(

and you forgot to mention the most important thing, DON'T let your co-driver get drunk for 2 nights in a row, because they are then useless and scary, :blink:

Even more important DON'T let your driver get drunk, have his hotel room commandeered and then sleep in his car using a tent as a sleeping bag. :lol:

Fair play Will,

But if you had seen the state of that Hotel, believe you me he had the comfortable, clean, and vastly more desirable accomodation, it was a hell hole, worst ever.

I understand why the "hound" howled, it was the state of his room, not because he wanted a carp in the middle of the night.

Put some vaseline on your roof ready for this one pal, it's a scary, deliverance sort of site, duelling banjo's and all that country cousins sort of stuff,

you know kick one and they all shout "OWW",

Saley's right at home there, he kinda fit's in you know. Somebody jumped into his lunch box last year he's buired to keepfresh, kept blaming Pigster. :o

See you all there

whats the matter with you all this is a pay and play site ? :rofl:

What Cheese rolling! ;):P

I've got to say we enjoyed this site last year as it was the only round we won out right! :rolleyes::lol:

Ps...... i'll add it before Chris pipe's up........... he did run out of fuel during the day which helped :hysterical::hysterical:

its a nice site, just beware of what punches and vehicles there are above you when you are doing a punch - just in case they roll past!!!

its the one site that made my legs really ache on Mon last year!