Who is on 37" Creepeys then?

I've been mulling over this summers work to the 110 and fancy going a bit silly so I was thinking of bunging a set of 37" Creepey Crawlers on it as they seem semi affordable.

Has anyone got a 110 running on them so I can get an idea of how much I need to extend the arches/cut the wings to keep legalish. I've got a hair brained idea to make some custom arches with the aid of a couple of talented sculpting mates and some rubbery stuff.

I'm only using the 110 for gentle offroading for work at the moment so I'm not too worried about the halfshafts etc. Eventually I'll have the Series 2 sorted for fun but thats another story.

Any photos to fuel my brain would be much appreciated.

Ta muchly...

Will :)

God was a boy the last time I had more than one wheel off the ground Bish ;)

I'm running 37" creepy crawlers on my 90 atm, got a 2" lift and lots of trimming on the rear of the rear tub. I've also fitted QT super wide arches to cover the tyres.

They are very good off road, but utter rubbish on the road, as they are cross-plys

Chris

I'm running 37" creepy crawlers on my 90 atm, got a 2" lift and lots of trimming on the rear of the rear tub. I've also fitted QT super wide arches to cover the tyres.

They are very good off road, but utter rubbish on the road, as they are cross-plys

Chris

They are not Cross-plys and they are are good for 95 on mine :) I have 35/12.5/16s, but not fitted to a LR :P

Paul

37x1250 R16 but they measure more like 35-36" on the truck. The arches were from ebay, a company with a three-letter name such as CPD or somesuch who claim to be the supplier to Paddocks et al, mine were factory seconds, supposedly cosmetically damaged but b*gger*d if I can see anything. Fit nicely, give room for trimming if you need to and look better than floppy rubber edging strips IMHO.

Go on Will, get yourself a set! The 37 Creepies are a nice small tyre. :)

Just seen some 38" ones :huh:

I wonder how the 15 and 16" versions vary in size, I prefer the thought of 16s, I think 15" rims look noticably too small on a Defender :(

John, have you got enough air in them? :D:P;) or is everyone experience that they are under sized???

They are not Cross-plys and they are are good for 95 on mine :) I have 35/12.5/16s, but not fitted to a LR :P

Paul

I'm pretty sure thay are cross ply, It says 'Bias ply' in the Maxxis catalouge IIRC

I'm pretty sure thay are cross ply, It says 'Bias ply' in the Maxxis catalouge IIRC

They are 'Bias ply' which is a sort of half-way house between cross ply and radial and a classification all of its own. I'm pretty sure only the Septics make them though.

thats pretty carp Paul, I'd expect 25-30,000 from a set of tyres. I get 40-50,000 from BFG MTs

that could really put me off :(

Will

I run them at 17psi all the time and it comes in at about 3.5t :o They do not get an easy life. I know someone else with a Landcruiser and he did a set of Simex in 6000 miles!!

Yes Bias ply, but that is not the same as cross ply.

Paul

I run them at 17psi all the time and it comes in at about 3.5t :o They do not get an easy life. I know someone else with a Landcruiser and he did a set of Simex in 6000 miles!!

Yes Bias ply, but that is not the same as cross ply.

Paul

cross ply