Traffic light cams to catch speeders

GBMUD

The ones I know about for sure are the ones in Holes Bay Road, Poole, outside ASDA. I gather that new lines have been painted on the road - I think the cameras are the same ones, just that they have now gained type approval for use as a speed detector.

Buggered if I can find it...

You will be buggered if they find you first! :o

Chris

As much as I hate Speed Cameras and thier inability to reduce death.

Speeding through a traffic light controlled junction, or any junction does not make sense to me.

But I admit it does smack of "if they manage to get through on Green/Amber then they must have sped to do it" though.

Marc.

Surely a crossing is only dangerous if there is non-compliance to the red lights... Any speed where non-compliance is involved would be dangerous purely because there are conflicting directions of travel.

If speed were an issue and increased the risk, surely then all traffic light controlled crossings should be reduced to 30 MPH.... Maybe 20 MPH...

Doesn't really ring true in my mind.. I fear it's just another method of control / revenue generation.

One less reason to visit Dorset I guess.

Neil

Surely a crossing is only dangerous if there is non-compliance to the red lights... Any speed where non-compliance is involved would be dangerous purely because there are conflicting directions of travel. If speed were an issue and increased the risk, surely then all traffic light controlled crossings should be reduced to 30 MPH.... Maybe 20 MPH...

My take on this...

Traffic lights are supposed to be "calibrated" to the speed of the road. So if you have a 30mph limit, the gap between a) the amber and red light and b)one way going red and the the other going green will be longer than if the speed limit was 60mph.

Speeding is silly, speeding through junctions is stupid.

Cheers

Blippie

Indeed Bish, stick to the speed limits and you have nothing to fear.

But make one mistake, one small indiscretion and flash flash, you're nicked. No excuses, no arguments, no lenience, no justification, just 3 points and a £60 tax bill.

Chris