Anyone Found Any Difference.

kingdong2

Hi guys

just fitted an EGR removal / blanking kit no probs fitting it but a bit disappointed with the performance i have only driven it up the road and there was no change or will i see the difference at higher speeds.

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi

1997 disco1 300 tdi.

Hi guys

just fitted an EGR removal / blanking kit no probs fitting it but a bit disappointed with the performance i have only driven it up the road and there was no change or will i see the difference at higher speeds.

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi

1997 disco1 300 tdi.

If the EGR valve was working correctly or stuck closed before you removed it then you may well not notice any difference.

It is also worth checking how clean the inlet manifold and intercooler are as if the valve had stuck open it is likely that they will be full of a marmite like residue. Cleaning this out can make a noticeable difference.

Pete.

from what i could see when i removed the EGR valve it looked liked it had a thin layer of soot in it so as you say there may not be anything wrong i only fitted the EGR valve kit as i thought it would be better not that there is anything wrong with my disco.

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi.

1997 disco1 300 tdi.

Removed my egr when it failed the mot on emisions a couple of years ago. The pipework was clogged up with a thick black gunge. Cleaned it up and not only did it pull much better but it flew through the mot. Did the same a month or so ago.

Jules

• 2 weeks later...

I started to fit my blanking kit yesterday.

Looked on here for advice first, now I'm a memmber :)

Still need some help though !

Did the pipe replacement and blanked of the vacume, no problem.

Having read this link I did some cleaning arond the manifold and intercooler as well.

Here's my problem, the studs on the EGR itself don't want to move, I've used penetating oil. I now have a small selection of twisted allen keys and bent spanners. But they're not for moving :angry:

Any ideas ?

Cheers, Mitch

I started to fit my blanking kit yesterday.

Looked on here for advice first, now I'm a memmber :)

Still need some help though !

Did the pipe replacement and blanked of the vacume, no problem.

Having read this link I did some cleaning arond the manifold and intercooler as well.

Here's my problem, the studs on the EGR itself don't want to move, I've used penetating oil. I now have a small selection of twisted allen keys and bent spanners. But they're not for moving :angry:

Any ideas ?

Cheers, Mitch

if you can get hold of a right size allen socket and strong arm bar that mite work.

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi.

1997 disco1 300 tdi.

I did this on mine a few months back, and did notice a very slight improvement, but not by much.

The Paddock "performance" exhaust (basically a middle box replacmenet pipe and rear silencer) and 110 downpipe improved it no end, on the motorway at 60 it just pulls when you floor it to overtake :)

Not had chance to clean the intercooler etc out yet, that will get done when the head comes off.

i also cleaned out my intercooler a few weeks back, did no end of good, although its quite hard if you forget that you have a tank full of diesel to use as a degreaser lol. i also bodged in a piece of stainless for a mid box replacement pipe and that made it go quite a bit better, and sound sweeter not so much louder which was good.

mikey