AWDC Howlin Wolf round 6 aftermath

Boothy

Hi all, another great event and thankyou to those who made it happen. A bit disappointed with our results but never mind still enjoyed it. Enjoyed saturday night talking to the gunnit lads and looking around there truck. I'm sorry to see in the state it's in now. Like i said i'm only in Stanton-by-Bridge, so if you need to borrow my sledge hammer or another pair of hands i can soon come down to you. Glad your all ok. Will be missing Slindon as i'm away but will be preping myself as steve sorts so 90 out ready for tong.

Chris

Hi all am now back in action again but feel stiff as F***.

A big thanks to Shaun at NORTH OFF ROAD the roll cage did a fantastic job in my opinion as i walked away from this 8 barrel roll crash rather well.

Making plans on how to fix gunit 90 loads to do in a short time THANK YOU all involved in helping me and mark out with the aftermath of MY MASSIVE SPECTACULAR ROLL and we will be back next month.

Andy (team gunit)

Glad to hear there was no lasting damage to yourself Andy. Just a shame you lost your Leatherman! Pity the neighbouring Farmer was so Grumpy & uncooperative or we could have had you out of there in a jiffy instead of the long drawn out affair we had in the end. Truck will be back I am sure.

All the best

Mark (AKA Pikey)

Great day out, really enjoyed it. My first experience of howling wolf, Now I know why Nick didnt want to co-drive for Bruce :D. Legs are still aching after working 3 times as hard due to breaking both plasmas. Ended up with less then 60ft on the front ouch.

Glad to hear all the teams that experienced rolling are ok and safe and sound, such a shame about the lovely gunit truck it was a beaut, but hey the main thing is you survived and your ok, if not a little brusied!

Did anyone find this special stage- we managed it first time! ;)

http://ewhodieswiththemosttoyswins.com/special/

Keep an eye on the site more funnies coming soon

Luke

Land Rover Fun

andy had hospital check up after roll and was given all clear

but is very battered. thanks to dan for help and the marshall

who help to winch up the gully.

trucks a bit sick.

bent cage

bent comp wings

twisted front chassis leg

no wings

1 door missing

tub wrecked

bulk head 2" into the cab

roof trashed etc etc etc.....

roll on round 7

mark (team gunit)

Sounds like a new build is on the cards?

Glad everybody is ok

Just watch this space Team Gunit will be back next round!

team gunit M K 2

space frame

44'' boggers

hydraulic winches................ You never know!

Andy (team gunit) :D

So do we get to see the 90 on a stand at the Peterborough show this weekend??? i'd put it on his stand to show of his good work :i-m_so_happy:

So do we get to see the 90 on a stand at the Peterborough show this weekend??? i'd put it on his stand to show of his good work :i-m_so_happy:

Great advert for north off road, but GUNIT 90 in surgery

saturday morning, under the knife.................

or rather plasma and mig! sounds like a designer outlet

mark (team gunit)

Thanks to Neil and the team for a great event. Glad everyone is Ok. We ripped o/side wing nearly clean off, had a light roll on punch 40, Rhodri couldnt get ground anchor to bite so I blamed him. We also ripped A Frame mount off rear axle and gearbox mounting bracket off chassis so not to much to repair.

Looking forward to the next round

Wayne

Well had an event full day, as everybody else has stated we must thanks Neil and the team for setting up yet another good and entertaining challenge event. It is also good to here that everybody that had a roll/moment are well.

Went over to the A.R.T. workshop last night and we do have quiet a bit of work to get the Mitsimog back fighting fit. Therefore I will be busy making the tea, :blink: while Rob and Andy do the repairs ;);) . But there are some other bigger jobs that need to be carried out to the Zuk and the car transporter. The work list on the Zuk is as follows:

1. Oil Temp switch leaking.

2. Turbo Return Pipe leaking.

3. Gearbox outlet oil seal.

4. Paint over red oxide.

5. Fit New Rad.

Plenty of work there for me :ph34r:

In regards to the car transporter, with what had happened to the Mitsimog on Sunday it had to go on the trailer and the Zuk was "IN THE BACK" of the truck, whilst in there i did get the blanket and pillows out to ensure it was happy in there as it was a shock for the little car. Therefore with this happening I think we should look at the team colours and re address the incorrect colour issue on the truck and change the decals to the following. :ph34r::ph34r:

:ph34r::ph34r: I will know run off and hide :ph34r::ph34r:

Taff

post-3122-125259921203_thumb.jpg

post-3122-125259939147.jpg

Well had an event full day, as everybody else has stated we must thanks Neil and the team for setting up yet another good and entertaining challenge event. It is also good to here that everybody that had a roll/moment are well.

Went over to the A.R.T. workshop last night and we do have quiet a bit of work to get the Mitsimog back fighting fit. Therefore I will be busy making the tea, :blink: while Rob and Andy do the repairs ;);) . But there are some other bigger jobs that need to be carried out to the Zuk and the car transporter. The work list on the Zuk is as follows:

1. Oil Temp switch leaking.

2. Turbo Return Pipe leaking.

3. Gearbox outlet oil seal.

4. Paint over red oxide.

5. Fit New Rad.

Plenty of work there for me :ph34r:

In regards to the car transporter, with what had happened to the Mitsimog on Sunday it had to go on the trailer and the Zuk was "IN THE BACK" of the truck, whilst in there i did get the blanket and pillows out to ensure it was happy in there as it was a shock for the little car. Therefore with this happening I think we should look at the team colours and re address the incorrect colour issue on the truck and change the decals to the following. :ph34r::ph34r:

:ph34r::ph34r: I will know run off and hide :ph34r::ph34r:

Taff

Is that Ron i see with that bar in his hand :P he must be looking for you :P:P:lol: