AWDC Howlin Wolf round 6 aftermath

Boothy

Wow, back nice and early and what a day, what a massive site don't think I've still got my bearings after a few hours on it.

Organisation as always spot on, thanks to Neil, Carol and as always all the team, nothing but smiles all day.biggrin.gif

Just glad it didn't rain judging from some of the excellent punches I think it would have put a whole new perspective on the day and made it to say the least VERY interesting, but thankfully the weather was fine.

Did some interesting punches and had a few scary moments, thanks to the "Stuntman" AKA Nobby for his assistance at one such punch and his excellent display afterwards of, "don't do it like this son" driving style all was well.

Great day, thanks again, see you next month.

Wow, back nice and early and what a day, what a massive site don't think I've still got my bearings after a few hours on it.

Organisation as always spot on, thanks to Neil, Carol and as always all the team, nothing but smiles all day.biggrin.gif

Just glad it didn't rain judging from some of the excellent punches I think it would have put a whole new perspective on the day and made it to say the least VERY interesting, but thankfully the weather was fine.

Did some interesting punches and had a few scary moments, thanks to the "Stuntman" AKA Nobby for his assistance at one such punch and his excellent display afterwards of, "don't do it like this son" driving style all was well.

Great day, thanks again, see you next month.

Boothy glad we could help mate it was a bit hairy just watching you then when we were coming out i did have to clench a certain part of my body very tight :lol::lol::lol:

thanks to all the usual team of merry helpers you do a great job.............

Results now posted

HERE

Well done to all, glad you all had a good day and made it home in one piece.

Once again 'the hill' proved it has a viscious side and I hope those who didn't manage to keep their wheels on the ground are back again for the next round.

Well done Neil and crew a difficult event to setup i would of thought, well executed and thank god it didnt rain.

Some bloody difficult punches out there too, thank you for the challenges! It is after all why we all do it.

Come on then Dan - what did you do and where?

Post event clean up shouldnt take too long for me, just my boots to clean, think Nick has a few things to do mind.

Point to note - ripping a hole in the side of your transfer box the evening before the event is not a good start to the day - a big thank you to Jamie (co-driver of Mitsi mog (hope it and Rob are OK)) for having one 'not to far away' it was worth getting it - thank you.

Nice pic of the GUNIT 90. Shame it looks rather 2nd hand now after a 8 time roll down the hill! Hope the driver is not too stiff tomorrow when he wakes up. The Suzuki which went over 6 times appeared to survive with relatively little dame. I same Dans truck and it certainly had some severe battle scars. Didn't see the result of Mitsimogs roll but was pretty bent by all accounts. And well done to James and Nick on their win. There were some pretty leary punches out there!

And I think you should all be glad the rain held off. There was a small shower as I was recovering Team GUNIT and all traction disappeared in an instant!

bit of a eventful day for us as well and looking at the scores we didnt do that bad considering we were out before 1pm :angry: any one got some super glue for a smashed T/Box or do you think that gripfill will hold it :lol::lol:

glad all the roll over casualties are ok..............

Oh dear, that was a nice truck. I bet you was a bit dizzy climbing out of that.

We looked at some of the punch's and then simply forgot them and moved onto simpler ones, not that any of them were simple.

Like Pikey said, good job it was dry.

Well done to Nick and James for overall 1st.

Thanks to Neil and co for what must have been a tremendous effort setting that lot up.

We had a few issues throughout the day, rear prop came apart at the joint, never had that happen before and thanks to the team that helped us out the gully.

Nice place but was very cautious of the outlay of this site from the start but looking forward to Slindon now.

What a awesome site, we got home at about midnight, it was a bloody long drive to that one!… but well worth it…

Got a few bumps and bruises coming out this morning, as well as a few aches and pains!

Many thanks the Neil and crew for a “smashing” weekend as per usual… :lol:

See you all at Slindon, we’re chomping at the bit for this one! :i-m_so_happy:

Rob

Apologies to Dan, there was some confusion about the time of his retirement which resulted in lateness penalties applied.

This has now been clarified and the penalties were not due so have been removed,

Results have been updated

HERE

Hi Neil,

what did I get pen points for :(?

Yes I did it again!

Cheers Saley and Carl.

See you next round :D (or next weekend if anyone is out)

Dan

I've posted my photos here

Good weekend overall - I felt very sorry for Rob Tunnah - after his roll and damage to their truck, he looked as if he was going to cry! However - the cage etc did what they were supposed to.

I wondered if it was going that way when I saw John Sales re-modeling his wing with a sledge hammer in the car park. After that, many of the trucks returned looking a bit sorry for themselves!

Sorry there is no photo of Treebloke being presented with his trophy - he just moved too fast for the shutter and I missed him!

Any suggestions for prizes for the Slindon Round? There are a lot of non Land Rover vehicles likely to be in the prizes - and I'd rather give away something useful - so any suggestions would be welcome. Failing that - I'm told you can never have too many orange winch blankets! ;)

Si

Ok James......

Well I might of flipped while winching up back wards on the punch behindSS2! after saving it the first time and driving out of it when the ground anchor pulled! the second time I was to committed to the pull and the anchor pulled, and the only way I could go was over forward! and then was time to hang on and kill the engine! :lol:

As many ppl this morning will be saying.................! my neck, back and shoulders hurt :D Think I'm use to it now! :rolleyes:

Well done to anyone who stayed on the wheels all day and credit to Paul for keeping me up right for the rest of the day!

At a look damage to report.

even more damage to cage.

even more damage to roof and bonnet

even more damage to rock sliders

split windscreen frame.

1 gashed simex

1 broken half shaft

5 snapped drive flange bolts

1 albright on centre winch

Dan

First off thanks to all involved in making this event happen.

A most enjoyable event for myself and Tracey and i was happy with the results as Tracey has been out of it for a while now. Bit annoyed at being beaten by those two blokes in the blue 90. Not sure of there names but i think it might be "Old Man" and "Emu". :ph34r: The pictures show several good reasons to be wearing a helmet as well as the unexpected as Tracey bounced her head of something that hard that she had to sit down for a min to gather her thoughts! I thought that you were on the entry list Gordon but you must have changed your mind. You should have taken a monent to introduce yourself. :)

First off thanks to all involved in making this event happen.

A most enjoyable event for myself and Tracey and i was happy with the results as Tracey has been out of it for a while now. Bit annoyed at being beaten by those two blokes in the blue 90. Not sure of there names but i think it might be "Old Man" and "Emu". :ph34r: The pictures show several good reasons to be wearing a helmet as well as the unexpected as Tracey bounced her head of something that hard that she had to sit down for a min to gather her thoughts! I thought that you were on the entry list Gordon but you must have changed your mind. You should have taken a monent to introduce yourself. :)

i was on the entry list :(

but my winches didn't fancy competing :( .... i've been on the phone this morning, and i was supplied a spool bank with the wrong valves inside (it meant my winches had no brake as such)

there's always next time !

G

:blush::blush::blush: Thank you also to Gary and John for the time spent getting us out a big hole! and also to the two gents in the white suzuki as we used your very well placed ground anchor without asking!!! We only wanted an inch or two and were so quick you probably never noticed ;) So many good people.

andy had hospital check up after roll and was given all clear

but is very battered. thanks to dan for help and the marshall

who help to winch up the gully.

trucks a bit sick.

bent cage

bent comp wings

twisted front chassis leg

no wings

1 door missing

tub wrecked

bulk head 2" into the cab

roof trashed etc etc etc.....

roll on round 7

mark (team gunit)

andy had hospital check up after roll and was given all clear

but is very battered. thanks to dan for help and the marshall

who help to winch up the gully.

trucks a bit sick.

bent cage

bent comp wings

twisted front chassis leg

no wings

1 door missing

tub wrecked

bulk head 2" into the cab

roof trashed etc etc etc.....

biggrin.gifroll on round 7

mark (team gunit)

Thats the spirit! rolleyes.gif

Happy to help Glad no one was injured! I'm sure you will have to do the same for me at some point.

Dan

opps 8 side flips landing upside down

in a stream bugger!! 8th place overall.

any body got a big hammer and some white paint.

mark

Glad your ok,

I think that you have beaten dangerous Dan hands down in the 'best roll of the year' competition, yours will take some beating,

Good luck rebuilding truck,

Carl.