Photos don't show up in my post

ThreeSheds

Hi,
When I insert a photo link (to a photo in the gallery) like this:
[img=http://forums.lr4x4.com/uploads/1250881126/gallery_3439_704_84888.jpg]
I find that in my post I don't see the photo - just the link information like this:
http://forums.lr4x4.com/uploads/1250881126/gallery_3439_704_84888.jpg

This doesn't happen on other forums but still happens on this forum with different browsers. Other forum users appear to see my photos as expected.

Anybody got any suggestions please?

Cheers
Roger

Nice photo!

I tried all options - I am sure that I am doing it right but although all pictures look ok when other people post them - I just can't see my photos in my posts. I guess it's not that important (after all I know what they are) but it's a little confusing...

Many thanks for the suggestions!

Roger

put the web address of the photo (right click to get it) in the middle of: [imgINSERT YOUR WEB ADDRESS HERE[/img]

That's exactly what I am doing...

The line below this code snippet is coded as: [img=http://www.yorkshireoffroadclub.net/imagegallery/albums/userpics/10219/100_0599_(Medium).JPG] 

100_0599_(Medium).JPG

so you should see a picture, but to me - here and now - it looks like this:

http://www.yorkshireoffroadclub.net/imagegallery/albums/userpics/10219/100_0599_(Medium).JPG

As I said - not really too much of a problem - I can see everyone else's pics (I can even see my own when they are quoted back at me), and everyone else can see mine - I just can't see my pics in my posts. Strange! But thanks for the suggestion :)

Don't use the code box, just use the 'Reply' button or the 'Fast Reply' box, just type in

using square brackets & where I've put *** you put img [***] the address of the picture then [/***]

The code box was to stop it stripping out the tags so that you could see what I am seeing - inless you mean don't use the image button? Ok - I'll give that a shot - I am going to type sqare bracket then img then close it then paste this: http://www.yorkshireoffroadclub.net/imagegallery/albums/userpics/10219/100_0599_(Medium).JPG then type the slash img tag. Here goes:

100_0599_(Medium).JPG

No - still doesn't work...

Please - I give up.

lets see if this appears,

100_0599_(Medium).JPG

OK that worked, so try this,

right click & copy the URL from the photo's address at the top of it's page

then do the [***] where *** = img at the front, paste the url in & add [/***] at the end then click submit or save changes button & it should appear

100_0599_(Medium).JPG

2nd one was by just copying your picture address from that codebox in your first post.

Edited by western

I'm confused - are you saying *others* can see the images but you can't?

[you don't appear to have actually tried to post any images in this thread - all the img tags are between code tags]

if that is the case the question becomes what browser are you using and does it have any kind of content blocking enabled?

in particular any adblocking - because the image address includes the string yorkshireoffradclub.net (the original example includes the string forums.lr4x4.com/uploads) ;)

Thats the whole point, he HAS been trying to post images, but any time he does, the tags fanish and it just prints the URL.

I think he originally thaught it was only him that couldnt see them, but infact no-one can see the images that he posts.

Thats the whole point, he HAS been trying to post images, but any time he does, the gallery_3439_704_26432.jpg

No - not working.

Look - to save any further ado - would admin please lock this? I think it has been done to death - I will just accept my inability to post pictures and post accordingly.

In summary:

I know how to post images correctly and it used to work fine.

I have tried Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer and have the same problem

I have tried other forums (fora?) and have no problems.

I have tried images from our gallery, other galleries and other posts. None work, ever,.

It appears that some people can see my photos embedded in the post, some cant. When those that can see them reply - then I can see the embedded photo too.

Cheers to all those who tried to help - I really appreciate it guys :)

Roger

one last try:

gallery_3439_704_26432.jpg

theres a setting in your personal control panel thats called:

"Enable visual (RTE) editor?"

try turning it on/off and see if that makes any difference?

ok - at the risk of getting sacked, I am at work - so using different everything - just tried and no joy, so now tried the RTE editor to 'ON' - here we go:

And it works.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Back to work now...

ok - at the risk of getting sacked, I am at work - so using different everything - just tried and no joy, so now tried the RTE editor to 'ON' - here we go:

And it works.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Back to work now...

your links above are good,

just copy/pasted the 2nd one to here &

well, got to be something in 'settings' in your profile, both photo's have appeared for me & I've not messed with your links.

check these setings.

go to your profile, settings, forum & Tick the box next to 'View images in posts, such as smilies and posted images?'

if thay doesn't work, I don't know what else to suggest

well, got to be something in 'settings' in your profile, both photo's have appeared for me & I've not messed with your links.

check these setings.

go to your profile, settings, forum & Tick the box next to 'View images in posts, such as smilies and posted images?'

if thay doesn't work, I don't know what else to suggest

Done that - so here we go:

That would appear to be the one.

Thanks all who helped :)