No Bumper

wettstuff

Just a quick one for the grown ups in the know, after getting my 110 back yesterday after some toe rag thought it would be a good idea to nick it. I went to pick it up minus a bumper.

Now obviously they are fitted for a reason but i just wondered about the lagality(sp) of driving around without a bummper. I have sorted a standard one to replace the winch bumper but cant get it till saturday. Is this likely to be an issue with plod?

Thanks for any info about this matter

Mark

:huh: Potruding edges over this end is classified as dangerous! In the case of Land rover, it looks more like a fork lift and in case of an accident, one easily knifes into the other car. I will cover it up for the time being!!

I know someone who fitted a piece of 4x2 with long jubilee clips through the bolt holes. Paint it black and hope to avoid the wood worm. ;)

What a spiffing idea! Jubilee clips seem a bit OTT though, I'd go for zip ties myself. Do you think 18mm WBP Ply would be ok to mount a Husky winch?

Will :)

What a spiffing idea! Jubilee clips seem a bit OTT though, I'd go for zip ties myself. Do you think 18mm WBP Ply would be ok to mount a Husky winch?

Will :)

, How about a good bit of old railway sleeper, some strong brackets and 6" coachbolts.