The latest electric off-roader

FridgeFreezer

An elderly woman passed me the other day on a disability scooter, and i noted as she passed that it appeared to have some coilsprings on the rear "axle"...

Didnt seem to be much in the way of damping though, it looked quite bouncy!

Do regular electric invalid wheel chair cars have suspension? Just wondering if the lack of suspension on the 6x6 would provide a rough ride for the incapacitated.

Bill.

Without suspension a 6x6 would drive rather like an Argocat I would imagine, bumpy and scary tippy all at the same time :unsure:

An elderly woman passed me the other day on a disability scooter, and i noted as she passed that it appeared to have some coilsprings on the rear "axle"...

Didnt seem to be much in the way of damping though, it looked quite bouncy!

Around where I live the old folk rip it up with these. Even though they are supposed limited I have still followed one along the road at 30mph. Those ones must have decent suspension.

Around where I live the old folk rip it up with these. Even though they are supposed limited I have still followed one along the road at 30mph. Those ones must have decent suspension.

Different countries have different max speeds for mobility scooters. Often it's just a switch inside or at the most a software change to 'supercharge' them! Most will manage 15mph - but one or two will do 30, which would be pretty cool on a scooter - burn-outs in the Mall before Doughnuts in Tescos.....

Si