The Northern& Clubman challenge 12th & 13th Dec09

Matt BADLRC

post-149-126073324636_thumb.jpg

Uploaded some pictures of the event, they're in the LR4x4 gallery (yes i know it's got the wrong month in the title.....) Appologies to everyone i missed, was happily snapping away to new memory card when both batteries went flat!!

Had a good day out spectating, got thoroughly muddy and well done to everyone that took part.

Cheers,

Lee

I competed today, and i really enjoyed it!

I have to say a big thank you to John who co drove for me, Johnothan and Graham who lent me equipment for today, i really apreciate it lads!

I think john and i were a bit aprehensive as it was my first time driving a competition, along with no rear winch, no cage etc, but it went really well and made me enjoy off roading again.

Thanks Buxton and District for holding the event.

Tim.

what a great day,

loved every second of it, despite been soaked to the bones and spending most of the day acting like bambi on ice :lol:

also found a very deep muddy hole right at the end of the day :blink::blink:

hey ho pleased the croud :lol::lol:

barney

thank you so much for today, it really opend my eyes up.

it made me realise how much i take my truck for granted with generally not giving a ***t about it and throwing it around without taking care.

its been a steep learning curve today for me, and has given me a different outlook on competing, you dont need flash winches, nor do you need lockers or ashcroft stuff.

all you need is to think a little harder and winch abit more.

through out the day we only had 1 missap, and that was due to me forgeting that you had no beadlocks and doing a 90 degree pull with you stationary, soon cured with abit of careful winching and a compressor :D

cant wait to get my truck out again, would have loved to have taken it today but hey ho

dan

Some good photo's in the gallery there, well done.

Congratulations and well done to my sparring partner Mr John Sales a good, fair and just result.

Well I think it's safe to say the Beasty has been run in today, and I did not push it once, just cruised around and took it easy,

what I did find is a pool of oil on the trailer, looks like its the rear crank seal leaking, just my luck of late, sod's law is it ??

and for about an hour the hydrosteer failed again and then mysterously started and worked again, beats me,

then we got so wet and cold we gave up, right pair of dithering jessies, frozen right through, but loved it, just to cold, felt sorry for him,

Thanks to Barney, Matt and the team especially the Marshalls, and thanks for the hot chocolate and mince pies, very welcome.

i came and spectated today with jamie (orange-90-j),helped dan and barny push the tyre back onto the rim after the misshap :ph34r: ,im looking faward to starting out next year with my truck,just need a few little peices to finish it :) and then i need to learn how to drive it :lol:

cheers for that guys :D

thank you very much for coming and a big thanks to all the body's I couldn't identify bringing in the stuff at the end.

Personally a big thanks to Dan for teaching me some new tricks and pushing myself and my motor.

Love the photo's

Keep the mud I'm sure there is plenty of welsh mud floating over this way lol. have to say it's all over my drive and out in the carpark where I unload, wife has band all my clothes.

The results from round 6 of The Clubman Challenge at Holymoorisde 13/12/09 are now on the website on the following link:- The Clubman Challenge Holymoorisde 13/12/09 Results :) that will open the clubman challenge website and then click on results for round 6 Holymoorside

Good result for Me and Glynn as I lost the aircompressor and brake so we were on the trailer by 2 o'clock ;)

The results from round 6 of The Clubman Challenge at Holymoorisde 13/12/09 are now on the website on the following link:- The Clubman Challenge Holymoorisde 13/12/09 Results :) that will open the clubman challenge website and then click on results for round 6 Holymoorside

well chuffed with that!

i wish were in the country next year as id be doing alot more!

next time im thinking just a rear winch and a couple of minor mods and ill be as happy a pig in mud with the car.

are there anymore events between now and february?

cheers, Tim.