Intrested in been a winch bitch!

russ1

It's a bit difficult for a driver to take on a completely new bitch who he has got have absolute confidence and faith in, it's his vehicle and ropes etc let alone his flesh and bones that are at risk when it all goes wrong.

Go and see some events and get yourselves known and talking to drivers and basically learn the ropes from watching, it's not the easiest job in the world and you WILL get the blame for everything.

I would not like to take on a new unknown bitch unless he was an experienced challenge driver who knows the limitations of the vehicles etc to be honest.

Good luck

• 1 month later...

It's a bit difficult for a driver to take on a completely new bitch who he has got have absolute confidence and faith in, it's his vehicle and ropes etc let alone his flesh and bones that are at risk when it all goes wrong.Go and see some events and get yourselves known and talking to drivers and basically learn the ropes from watching, it's not the easiest job in the world and you WILL get the blame for everything. I would not like to take on a new unknown bitch unless he was an experienced challenge driver who knows the limitations of the vehicles etc to be honest. Good luck

Totally agree with you there, if my co driver tells me to turn left i turn left, if he says stop i know i have too, you learn what each other is like and you gel and work well, i only need to look and mine to know where i going etc etc, and normally, touching wood it all goes well with now breakages, just the odd time on my side, lol, cant blame the winch bitch for that, surely not, yeah ok i can lol

Cookie

• 2 weeks later...

i think aspiring to codrive before driving is a good idea. my personal opinion is that the better drivers have also done some codriving at some point and vica versa.

Boothy has a good point, but then you need to start somewhere. a local club event punch hunt sytle event with a new codriver is a good starting point. you just take it easy for the day and see how things go.

I'll go along with cookie & boothy.

I've known my bitch for years, maybe 15 or more! My confidence in him is without flaw. If he says i'm fine I believe him & calm down when I'm a bit panicy. I put my life & my truck in his hands.

Don't be put off though, we're talking upper end of the scale here. There are probably loads of newbies & novices that need help & you'll benefit from learning together & gaining trust together.

Have fun.

Rog

I use 2 different co-drivers and I have known them for over 15 years each.

my co drivers are quite often in the driving seat and I co-drive for my vehicle, If I tell my driver to drive over a cliff and the vehicle rolls over I am the only one that can be blamed.

I trust my co drivers impeccably in all ways with my vehicle and my life.

I have had arguments with my co drivers as we have had differences of opinions but co driver-driver can be a serious relationship in many ways.

I have co-driven for others and until you have built up a relationship where the two of you can happily swap places with each other during a competition I believe as a team you will not be at your best.

I know a co-driver that is that in tune with his driver that they don't appear to talk and each one knows exactly what the other wants.

:D On the other hand if you are ex military and are capable of running a marathon twice over caked in mud climbing trees hauling ropes through a bog or river up hill down dale there is going to be a driver somewhere that will want your number :)

Ten or so years ago I learn t a lot by spending time watching others both seeing what teams did that completed an obstacle and what teams did that got it completely wrong.

I was there watching primarily due to the fact I completed in old bangers that broke down almost immediately and I spent the rest of the day/weekend watching and I hope learning.

Well I have had brand new co-drivers, no names but one was bloomin scary

someone experienced is worth 2 with no clue.

the results is either an accident/damage/argument or all three.

the trouble is events cost ££ to enter and breaking in a new partnership can take a while.

people who have driven are perfect IMHO and being very fit is a big bonus.

New co drivers would benefit from a Co driver training day

Maybe JST could run one being a superb Co-driver/experienced driver?

Hi there i started bitching for Steve Bennet in the Howlinwolf this year. I'm 23, a builder and joiner by trade and thought i was quite fit. Well how wrong could i have been. Any way i'v known Steve for a few years and we get on well. He chucked me in at the deep end and i have learnt a lot. We only do the punches that we feel we can do, we go for the fun of it and try our best. Chris