Hello from the newbie!

SOA 93

Well, I've been lurking for the last few weeks, gone all the way through all the threads :blink: and the archive, was a member on the 'Dark side' but never a poster. Was without web for about 12 months so don't know what happened to the old site, I enquired at Scrapion about getting some Mcnamaras for a pair of 101 axles, they said try looking on this website as a guy (Bathtub) is using 101 axles on his truck, isn't that irony for you! This was after the X-Eng theft thread.

I was frankly gobsmacked at the depth of knowledge by some you, the archive is like an Alladins cave!

I have a project in the garage, hence the forum name, I've a brand new designa chassis, it is a coil conversion 88" but without any coil mounts or brackets, to this is mounted Ti console Parabolics on raised, not lowered, custom spring mounts, the front springs are J**p :o 46" long as opposed to LR 36", shackles fr and rr are genuine Revolvers. A Disco 200tdi engine is sitting quietly in the corner along with military 110 gearbox(3.9 1st I believe), the back axle has been moved back 5" to 93", 101 axles will take there place under the springs :) a pair of Zeus :unsure: disc brake kits were purchased last year :o I'm still recovering!

12" travel Procomps will be attached at each corner. Inspiration for all this was Tim Coopers truck from the states without the 350 Chevy :huh: of course, http://www.gon2far.co.uk/index.php?do=vehicles/cooper.html unfortunately I havn't touched it in nearly a year :( , been far too busy at work :unsure: I went self employed to have more free time :huh: . Met a Thai woman last year on a business/peasure trip to Thailand (funny that) another 3 visits later and we were married on March 10th :o , its a healthy mix of love and lust, and no there isn't much age difference. Just finished a 3" thick folder for the Visa application and that should see me with a bit more spare time on my hands.

Reading about all your trucks has made me very envious <_< to the point were I bought a 200tdi Disco auto 2 weeks ago, a little untidy but structurally sound, changed the head gasket, radiator and one or 2 other little jobs, bought it for the auto box, easier and maybe cheaper than sourcing all the 200tdi bits, I have a manual box to swap in its place. But I'm going to have a play with this first, SOA 93 is going to have to wait :P . The 101 axles will be going under the Disco along with a whole load of other mods in the next couple of months (there I've said it now) I hope! :unsure: Needless to say I have a long list of question for some of you, I'm gonna be like a little kid tugging at your sleeve :D .

Hope thats enough info for you lot at the moment, can't take any pics of SOA 93 at the moment because its lying under a sea of dust sheets and other work associated carp. The Disco is metalic burgandy :( 5 door.

I think I've got some pics of the chassis on my old Hard drive disc copy thingy :blink: . I'll see if I can dig them out, don't hold your breath.

Feel like I know some of you already, sad git that I am, and hope to meet some of you in the future.

Fave truck has to go to dolleythelw for his 'Pig' can't wait to see his new truck. discodino's truck is looking good and I'm dying to see the 'Bathtub' in action.

Cheers

Andy

Hi, sounds like an interesting project.

Maybe start a build thread on the member's vehicles section?

What made you decide on SoA?

Al.

Hi Al

Longer springs for flex, but they reduce approach/departure angle, SoA gets some of that back, raising the spring mounts because I dont think a 6"+ lift is necessary. Also very clean under the axle, nothing to snag, parabolics are nice, simple and low weight. :)

Andy

Never mind the Jeep, that is Pete! :)

Is it just me? What is an SoA?

Chris

Spring Over Axle like a FC101 as apposed to the leaves being under as per series trucks.

Lots of modded Suzuki's running around SOA aka LOA( Leaf Over Axle).

Andy

SWEET! B)

FC101 axles under the Disco sounds great. Think Bobtail while you're at it!

When you get around to SoA 93, I have some thoughts and questions, but your basic plan sounds excellent. Think portals!!!

Enjoy.

Guest diesel_jim
Well, I've been lurking for the last few weeks, gone all the way through all the threads :blink: and the archive, was a member on the 'Dark side' but never a poster. Was without web for about 12 months so don't know what happened to the old site, I enquired at Scrapion about getting some Mcnamaras for a pair of 101 axles, they said try looking on this website as a guy (Bathtub) is using 101 axles on his truck, isn't that irony for you! This was after the X-Eng theft thread.

WELCOME!

I was frankly gobsmacked at the depth of knowledge by some you, the archive is like an Alladins cave!

Yeah, quite a lot of us are gobsmaked by others on here! :ph34r:

with military 110 gearbox(3.9 1st I believe),

Certain contract models had lowered ratio 1st and 2nd gears. i've got the part numbers at home if anyone wants them. they installable (is that a word?) in any defender LT77 AFAIK.

welcome and nice to read re your project, pics wouild be even better :)

Nige

Ditto!

I'm interested into seeing what you'll end up with!

;)

I love Tim's 109 B) and would do the same* if I ever had to start with another Rover...

*this would need a different country to live in of course

<_<