MoT classifications - important for all of us

Godlykepower

Station wagons had 'estate', but since that uses a different VIN letter (B) it's not an option here.

Ross' choices were limited to:

Basic

Soft Top

Pickup

Hardtop Van Commercial

Or variations on those.

Then again, mine says 'LIGHT 4x4 UTILITY' under the body type, and it's an 'A' too.

Excellent smile.gif thanks. on a slightly OT... currently the V5 states 'pick-up'. what do i need to put in to indicate a station wagon? (all be it only 2 seats).

Having to change the V5 Ross, I hope you havn't brought a ringer!!!!! biggrin.gif Simon should really have know betterwink.gif I saw him on Monday he said that he shead a little tear when you drove off in it.

I have just been on the phone to Vosa and they told me that the new rule of class 7 tests for vehicles between 3000kg and 3499kg GVW has NOT come into operation,and no date is set for it,it is only something that is being considered. :huh:

They also said that if the GVW regisered on their computer is wrong,then the tester can ammend it on their system with a note to the DVLA,and continue with a test.In vosa's view the weight shown on the vin plate of the vehicle is evidence enough to override the system with a note to the dvla to correct their information. :)

My 90 is soon due for test,but has no vin-plate,and the v5 shows no revenue weight???

The dvla said they cannot tell me what weight will show on the vosa mot testers computer - I should phone vosa.

Vosa said they have no access to the information on the testers computers,so cannot tell me if the dvla have their info correct?? :blink:

Oh well,I will just have to put it in for a test and see what happens. :(

I'd recommend popping down to your local DVLA office before posting anything off:

My 90 has a V5 revenue weight of 3499kg - the VIN plate has vehicle gross weight of 2400kg - that's OK I thought, just amend the V5 and send off. It just happens that I discovered my local DVLA office is on my route to work so I though I'd do it iver the counter there and save the postage.

Glad I did as the lady behind the counter said they could not accept the photographic evidence as - "you can just buy those vin plates off e-bay and stamp anything on them". Turns out all they will accept is a certificate from a weighbridge, so not so straight forward after all!

Not only that but I thought I'd update my engine number following the Tdi transplant - turns out the ony way to do this is to get a garage to confirm the engine type and displacement on headed paper.

You can see why so many people just don't bother with the legalities of vehicle and driver registration when it can be such a pain. Just glad the MOT isn't for another couple of months.

Dave.

I have just been on the phone to Vosa and they told me that the new rule of class 7 tests for vehicles between 3000kg and 3499kg GVW has NOT come into operation,and no date is set for it,it is only something that is being considered. huh.gif

They also said that if the GVW regisered on their computer is wrong,then the tester can ammend it on their system with a note to the DVLA,and continue with a test.In vosa's view the weight shown on the vin plate of the vehicle is evidence enough to override the system with a note to the dvla to correct their information. smile.gif

My 90 is soon due for test,but has no vin-plate,and the v5 shows no revenue weight???

The dvla said they cannot tell me what weight will show on the vosa mot testers computer - I should phone vosa.

Vosa said they have no access to the information on the testers computers,so cannot tell me if the dvla have their info correct?? blink.gif

Oh well,I will just have to put it in for a test and see what happens. sad.gif

Just got my 110 through as class 4. Checked with MOT tester, he in turn checked with VOSA and they confirmed class 7 rule not in force and no planned date (yet) to impliment.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my 110 through as class 4. Checked with MOT tester, he in turn checked with VOSA and they confirmed class 7 rule not in force and no planned date (yet) to impliment.

Just wondering if yours was mot'd without the vin plate, as mine is missing and the replacement may take weeks apparently.