Trailer flooring.

mpb

I need to replace the floor of my 8 x 4 ifor trailer. Currently it's got a phenolic plywood floor that got a couple of holes in. The trailer lives out in the weather all year round, so I didn't really want to go gown the wood root.

What would be the best material to replace the floor with?

Is there a plastic/grp material that is strong enough to carry the weight of a mini digger? I know some of the new horse boxes are using plastic floors.

Is checker plate an option. What is this like to shovel off?

Many thanks

I used 18mm WBP ply on mine about 6 years ago. It is out in all weathers and often left with wet bark/mud/leaves in. There is some deterioration in the surface but it is still in good order. If I did it again I would paint it immediately but if I had to replace it tomorrow I would not feel hard done by!

Chris

I too have a WBP ply based trailer that sits out in all weather and usually full of junk and is still sound after seven years - I just make sure that the jockey is up high so that any standing water runs out the back. It does get a bit green and slippery during the winter months though...