Best way to fit this???

SteveG

I bought a TD5 90 tank Guard off ebay, got it for 25 quid, and it arrived today..

tankguard001Medium.jpg

As soon as I opened it up I thought the holes looked too big, and after holding it up to tank they were..

tankguard005Medium.jpg

The holes are all in the right place, but are too big for existing bolts..

tankguard002Medium.jpg

tankguard003Medium.jpg

If I simply use existing bolts with washers it will move. So what's the best way to fit this???

Cheers

Steve

Large diameter 'penny' washers under the boltheads would be the easiest & quickest, do them up tight, don't think it'll move/fall off.

or

find some washers of the correct bolt diameter & weld them into the oversize holes to bring them to the correct size.

You are lucky then, mine is very like that and the holes are big to cover "Land Rover build tolerances" - and mine still didn't line up!

Mind you that may be something to do with the fact I twatted the tank cradle doing a three point turn in a stone run on top of the highest mountain round these parts :blink:

washers it is then, thanks

I should have picked some up today as I'll have to wait until after weekend now. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers

Steve

Steve

I don't know where you go for washers/bolts etc. but Glenwood Bolts & Screws 01223 892095 at the Grip Trading Estate Hadstock Rd Linton carry a stock of stainless bolts washers nuts etc. They may not have large plate washers but if you give them a ring they will try to help, They are not expensive and will take £ notes for small orders.

Another option is DJ Evans in St. Botolph's Lane, Bury St. Edmunds, 01284 754132, the owner Richard is a mate and they carry a comprehensive stock do deliver and have a large hand & power tools selection as well.

John

you could always try screwfix, next day delivery and you'll probably find a pack of 100 is just as cheap as 20 from elsewhere...

you have to spend a bit to get free postage though......

.........just a thought.

Cheers guys and John for the suggestion of a couple of places - good to know in future. I normally use Powerdrive Systems in Haverhill. It just looks like a shed next to MM Leisure, but is an aladin's cave of tools and fastners. I've only ever gone in their once and they haven't had what I wanted. That was propshaft bolts which according to them are a bit unusual so can't blame for not having them. ;)

All fitted today, did need some lining up stephen to get all bolts off but was easy using a trolley jack.

Just need to get some sumo bars now and some other things too :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers

Steve