replace rover V8 with american V8

henry-john

Superb :D

what engine management would you recommend? Thx

I use Megasquirt for mine, never had a problem with it and gives me the flexibility to "adapt" it to suit me. I've thrown everything at it from complete engine submersion in ice cold river water to racing through the sand dunes in the outback and it's never missed a beat.

The LS engines will fit, Marks 4WD Adaptors do a kit with an adaptor to mate them to the ZF and some engine mounts to match up to the originals.

Although it won't be cheap. $1200 AU without shipping for the adaptor/mounts then the engine/ancilliarys/radiator/control will be on top. I don't reckon much change from 5k all in.

Although it won't be cheap. $1200 AU without shipping for the adaptor/mounts then the engine/ancilliarys/radiator/control will be on top. I don't reckon much change from 5k all in.

I was looking fo a LS1/6 turn key engine.... WITH ezEFI now i found the way to make it fit... engine +- 6000£ +mounts etc.... i think 8000£ all in....

now there is a plan, I can start developing it a bit more :)

An LS6 will blow just about everything apart, possibly at the same time

Gearbox, TBox, Axles, Diffs Halfshafts will all appear to view as shrapnel :(

Going back to your original issue, its possibly nothing more serious than a head gasket blown ?

Even an LS1 is going to give a "Workout" to all other parts on your RR,

some, poss many parts may wish to "Leave" and stop playing too :)

Nige

I've never broken an Ashcroft shaft or CV with mine. I have standard LR type props and have broken one spider where the grease nipple was, I now use ones without a grease nipple. I don't use LR diffs, transfer box or gearbox so can't comment on those.

Transfer box (LT230) is fine as long as you don't give it any stick off road without the difflock in... I only forgot to put it in once and blew the centre diff apart approx 10 secs after getting stuck :(

There are people running ZFs behind them and it's certainly an easier option when retrofitting them to a P38a for example. I assume you just have to be a little circumspect on when and how you use the power.

If I were building something from scratch and/or could use a centred rear diff in I'd go for a 4L80E with a 4 speed atlas transfer box, if I ever find a pair of GQ axles at the right price that may happen yet on mine one day.