Mate's 110 just been nicked off his drive

Just got this from a mate of mine, it's a green 110 (not much to go on I know) if you're out and about keep you eyes peeled. And if you're at home, keep your truck secured! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hi all,

someone just took the 110 off my drive - i heard them head off up the hill.

so keep an eye out

L110 ARW

And no sooner was it gone than the police picked it up at Fleet services, quite a result given the vast majority are never seen again!

hey, awsome result. were the scrotes still with the vehicle or had they dumpd it and disappeared?

I bet chip can't beleive his luck to get it back

mmmm

I live on a main road and it's a constant worry for me time to dig out the big yellow steering lock things

maybe a tracker would be an idea

Hi

If you're going to Peterborough take a look at the 'skytag' system, got one on mine from the show in Somerset. It was on a show offer which may be repeated, I got it for £99 including set up and 3 months service charge, after that it's £7:99 a month I think and you fit it yourself. Word of warning though, when I told my insurance company they charged me extra cos it's a 'modification'!

Andy

Great news that the truck was found, as i understand it, you cannot drive into or out of hampshire ona major road, without your number plate registering with the police computers.... so, if it was reported intime, the police may have had a head start with knowing which direction it was going!!!

I'm not afan of big brother, but if it helps in cases like this, then it can't be all bad!

Hi

If you're going to Peterborough take a look at the 'skytag' system, got one on mine from the show in Somerset. It was on a show offer which may be repeated, I got it for £99 including set up and 3 months service charge, after that it's £7:99 a month I think and you fit it yourself. Word of warning though, when I told my insurance company they charged me extra cos it's a 'modification'!

Andy

Good news on the recovery of the 110, makes a nice change. :)

As for tracking... don't go GPS.

Use them and they are not upto much. Sound good but it turns out they are very easy to beat if you have half an idea how. Also easy to find out if the vehicle even has one fitted, so you can pull over and look about for it before you get caught.

I lost a minibus today with a GPS tracker. It's gone. I won't waste the money again once the GPS people told me how it was probably beaten.

If you need to track, go for a top line product such as Official tracker.

GPS is already easy to defeat, and tehcnology is moving forwards... don't save a few quid a month by buying something easily beaten and that sounds cheap. Your truck is worth more.

Just a word of warning from someone that lost a GPS tracked vehicle today that I am unlikely to see again.

Richard

Latest update from my mate, thought this may cheer a few people:

110 update... the police still have it for CSI purposes. they caught the guy in it... smoking! they were all set to TPAC him, but he pulled over.

anyway, he'll be in court soon and hopefully CID might be able to link him to a gang who are stripping down defenders and shipping the parts out of the country.

Here's hoping they get the right result and maybe track down the scrotes who are wholesale nicking Defenders.

Any idea what Tracker costs? There is no indication on their web site - it just says fill the form in and a pushy salesperson will call you back.

Si

Si, you can get official fitters to do for 1/2 the retail price many are listed on eBay, I have seen a few around the £140-£160 mark

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRACKER-RETRIEVE-insurance-approved-vehicle-recovery-/110557090786?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19bdb753e2#ht_1146wt_932

It then costs £7.50 per month paid by direct debit, for the basic tracker retrieve.

The way I have looked at it for mine is £118 extra a year on my insurance:

£140 / 5(years) = £28, plus the £90 a year subscription

To hopefully get my truck back, I figure it would cost me far more to sort out either of my Landy's and I would have to spend far more than that getting a new truck the way I wanted it.

I have told this story a few times but a mate of mine spent two years rebuilding his Landy, he had the foresight to get a Tracker fitted, literately the day after he got it back on the road it was stolen from his drive!!!! It was found in the back of a shipping container just about to go to Africa, they had reversed it in put ply over the front and piled up old engines and scrap against the first 8ft.

The port/customs would never have found it if it was not for the tracker, even if they had opened the container they would not have emptied it.....

Convinced me....

Any idea what Tracker costs? There is no indication on their web site - it just says fill the form in and a pushy salesperson will call you back.

Si

Tracker Horizon £449.00 unit and instal, either £135.00 per year or £350.00 for life

Tracker Locate £459.00 unit and instal, either £145.00 per year or £389.00 for three years

HTH

Tony

Jason got in first with what looks like a better deal