Challenger AWDC Championship Round 5

Richy B

Hi all,

Not to far away now, So whose coming and more importantly whose ready :unsure:

Wifey n me are coming along for a social and probally lend our services to keep an eye on you lot ;) Team 16 Ian cocks/Steve day will be there if i get there truck done in time, I only recieved today from the last comp :rolleyes:

The to do list as follows, Power steering pump seized, After dumping its fluid out first i understand, Winch solinoid n switch, Mudguards, these are must do jobs before i have even got me overalls on to look around it, would also like to wash both winch ropes, move arb compressor, and a neat little mod for the rear/centre winch, That should keep me busy for the 2 days i have available not including sourcing the parts ect, :D See ya all there

Hi,

Well we at round 5 already, I sent all the registered teams out a form if you haven't completed your form but you wish to compete please could you call me on 07836 713677 to confirm and the paperwork can follow. It is just I am running out of time to make punch cards etc. I will post up an entry list later in the week to give the stragglers a bit of time!!

Been let down yet again by caterers so if anybody knows of someone around the Tixover area coiuld you please let me know, but also be prepared to make your own breakfast!!!

If anyone is unsure of where Tixover Quarry is I have a grid reference which is SK975026, or alternatively go to our website at www.challenger4x4.com and click on the events section and there is a map on there.

Lucy

xx

Lucy,

Any chance of the championship points up to this point? I have seen results for most rounds individually, but not a championship table thus far this year, and it starts to get interesting around this stage!

Cheers

Mark

Lucy,

Any chance of the championship points up to this point? I have seen results for most rounds individually, but not a championship table thus far this year, and it starts to get interesting around this stage!

Cheers

Mark

I'm sure you know where you are Mark... ;)

I'm sure you know where you are Mark... ;)

No idea Barry...

It's been quite an interesting year so far - no clear dominance of any one team, lots of different people in the prizes, so I was kinda curious where we stood at this stage.... ;)

Hi all,

I will see whats happening with the championship points, thats not my department I am afraid but I do appreciate you are interested to know!!!

I am trying to sort out have another bar b for this round on the Saturday. I will provide the food if someone else could bring the bar b. We wont be able to fit one in. Let me know if this is possible, Steve Beck has said he has one but we are just trying to establish whether the coach will fit on the site and I don't think having a bar b in the lay by down the road is a good idea. Anyway let me know how many of you will be there Saturday night so I know how many burgers to buy!!!!

Entries as of tonight:

Team 3 Barry Benjamin and Steve Law

Team4 Adrian and Mark Catchpole

Team 9 Peter Roberts and Ben Burge

Team 10 Ben and Martin Champion

Team 11 Philon and Alex Parpottas

Team 12 Chris Kelly and Jason white

Team 14 Andrew Beck and Dominic Flitney

Team 16 Ian Cocks and Steve Day

Team 17 Kevin Moss and Tom Fall

Team 19 Andy Nash and Nick Anderson!!!!!!!!!

Team 20 Mark Sinclair and Roy Higgs

Team 22 Jerry Hunt and TBC

Team 24 Paul Edney and Trevor Thomas

Team 27 Adey Daly and Steve Beck

Team 28 Clive and Luke Billing

Team 30 Giles and Ben Tinkler

Team 34 Henry Papworth and Georgina

If your name is not on the list and you feel it should be please give me a call asap. 07836 713677

See you soon

Lucy

xx

AWDC Challenger 4x4 Series

Sponsored by

WOOLDRIDGE DEMOLITION

Please respect the direction instructions in the latest awdc yellow pages and Do not use the minor road to the site. Use the ucr instead or face having the event stopped by the landowner.

Have a good weekend

My brother and I are not the only ones with a largish vehicle, I'm not sure that using the UCR is possible.

So what's the score?

Could possibly do Landrover and trailer via UCR and coach via the road?

From memory, the UCR is doable in anything. It's pretty much the same as the entrance to Ringwood and is definitely better than the way into Slindon.

As for the site access, I think it may be a little interesting. Maybe have a chat with Neil as I believe using the road to access the site is a big no-no!!

From memory, the UCR is doable in anything. It's pretty much the same as the entrance to Ringwood and is definitely better than the way into Slindon.

As for the site access, I think it may be a little interesting. Maybe have a chat with Neil as I believe using the road to access the site is a big no-no!!

I just seem to remember the wooded section was a bit more mature and over hanging/lower than Slindon. The road surface is OK.

What about coming in the other way? I only thought that going past the old peoples home was the problem.

Some good entries there, Nick, Clive and Philon, all very capable trucks - HW next year then? (sorry i don't know the other trucks there!)

Rob - is Jerry the chap that had your Cl3 buggy off you? just putting name to face and trying to remember from the Interclub.

Some good entries there, Nick, Clive and Philon, all very capable trucks - HW next year then? (sorry i don't know the other trucks there!)

Rob - is Jerry the chap that had your Cl3 buggy off you? just putting name to face and trying to remember from the Interclub.

your shetting me dont you know the catchpoles :huh: