saying hello. just signed up.

xat44

well, after 20 odd years of my wife wanting a landrover. the last few of which she got the kids on her side.

apparently, the renault kangoo was too uncool. seemed perfectly practical to me.

we gone and bought a 2000 td5 discovery2 auto. only had it a week and my wife and kids love it. can`t say i`m impressed with the 20mpg, but apart from that, i do enjoy driving it.

already been trawling the net looking for ways to improve it. i try and do all my own maintenance. going to go through this site and read as many posts as possible to get a better understanding. getting rid of the valve between the inlet and exhaust manifold is probably going to be my first job.

anyway, glad to be part of this site and looking forward to land rover ownership.

thanks, xat44

well, after 20 odd years of my wife wanting a landrover. the last few of which she got the kids on her side.

apparently, the renault kangoo was too uncool. seemed perfectly practical to me.

we gone and bought a 2000 td5 discovery2 auto. only had it a week and my wife and kids love it. can`t say i`m impressed with the 20mpg, but apart from that, i do enjoy driving it.

already been trawling the net looking for ways to improve it. i try and do all my own maintenance. going to go through this site and read as many posts as possible to get a better understanding. getting rid of the valve between the inlet and exhaust manifold is probably going to be my first job.

anyway, glad to be part of this site and looking forward to land rover ownership.

thanks, xat44

Don't fight it- with the wife and kids onside you've already won far more battles than most here could dream of :lol:

Don't fight it- with the wife and kids onside you've already won far more battles than most here could dream of :lol:

hi guys i also am very lucky to have a wife who likes me having a disco i get a chance to "go and play with your tonka toy" very regularly as i'm told my endless typing on tinternet looking at pictures to get ideas of what mods to do next interferes with jeremy kyle or xfactor. the other bonus is that after lifting my 200 and fitting 265 75's she cant get in it !!!!