Converting to rear discs on a 110

Adam001

Well finally (after thinking and collecting bits for ten years!) I'm about to convert the rears to discs.

All I need is a pair of discs and spacers. 

The diesel Jim method suggests using front discs (presumably 300mm X 70mm). Has anyone tried rear discs (290mm X 59mm)? This would require a 5mm spacer between the disc and hub or am I missing something?

I'll probably get it all together and take some more measurements early next year. In the meantime has anyone used genuine rear discs?

7 hours ago, bluehaze said:

Well finally (after thinking and collecting bits for ten years!) I'm about to convert the rears to discs.

All I need is a pair of discs and spacers. 

The diesel Jim method suggests using front discs (presumably 300mm X 70mm). Has anyone tried rear discs (290mm X 59mm)? This would require a 5mm spacer between the disc and hub or am I missing something?

I'll probably get it all together and take some more measurements early next year. In the meantime has anyone used genuine rear discs?

Wont the smaller diameter mean that the caliper/pads end up in the wrong place across the diameter?

• Thanks 1

90/RR/Discovery front discs do fit the rear callipers but clearances can be tight.  I have those discs with RR/Discovery rear callipers and the circumferential clearance Is about 2mm, so heavy rust build up would need to be removed at servicing, but it hasn’t been an issue yet and the brakes work very well.

• Thanks 1