35/10.50x16 Fedimas and inner tubes?

Having a few problems with pushing the tyres off the rims when running low pressures's. Had one pushed right off today and another going down rapid when a lump off tree root got behind the bead. I was running them at about 15psi, Is this an acceptable level to run them at? I am half tempted to put inner tubes in them but have had problems with pinching inner tube's when run at low pressure's. I will get bead locks when I can afford em but at the moment its not an option.

So the real questions are, Does anyone use inner tubes in these? What pressure can they drop to without problems with inner tube's? and whats the ideal off road pressure for a 35/10.50x16 fedima scirroco on a (slightly over weight) 200tdi 90?

So the real questions are, Does anyone use inner tubes in these? What pressure can they drop to without problems with inner tube's? and whats the ideal off road pressure for a 35/10.50x16 fedima scirroco on a (slightly over weight) 200tdi 90?

Both an answer and a question!

My understanding is that putting inner tubes into 'tubeless tyres' can be tricky as you need to make sure that the tyre inner is completely smooth. Clearly they were not designed for this. Also, I have seen other threads where people have had problems finding inner tubes of certain sizes - not sure if this is one of them.

My quick question - I have just bought some 31/10.5 x15's for my 110 CSW and wondered what pressure they should be run at for road use. Can you enlighten me?

Steve, what rims are you running?

FWIW I've got Simex in 35/10.5x16 which I run tubeless at 18psi front 15psi rear for road use dropping to 15/12 for off road use with no bother.

Steve, what rims are you running?

FWIW I've got Simex in 35/10.5x16 which I run tubeless at 18psi front 15psi rear for road use dropping to 15/12 for off road use with no bother.

steveies got modulars - 7" i think

My 8 spokes are 7". Maybe its just bad luck, some sites seem much harder on tyres, or driving style. Not sure tubes are the answer, you'll probably pull the valaves off, though there is a trick running dual motorbike tubes to keep the beads in place.

I've had all sorts of fun with 35" Simex being pushed off rims and with mud behind the bead. I've tried tubes and haven't found them successful. All that happens is the tube rub through and leak and the valve stems disappear inside the rims (deep joy). I'm now going for beadlocks to solve the problems.

HTH,

sorry guys, been flat out working and havn't spent much time on computer. I have just been running them at std landrover pressure on the road and they seem fine although I dont go far.

Elvis is right, The rims are 7" modulars.

Im not too worried about dirt rubbing the tube through as I can always pop new tube's in from time to time, I can get them without a problem. plus its only untill I can afford bead locks. I was thinking of drilling the vvalve hole a bit larger to allow the valve to go back in if they do turn. I will just have to puncture em to get em down after.

Has anyone tried the straight forward supplies weld on bead locks?

• 3 weeks later...
If this helps in Aus I have 285/75 R16 Mudds.

I run them at 50psi on the road and if I drop the pressure I go down to 20-25psi. Never had a problem.

I know I've said this on AULRO, but I'm damned if I know how you can run those tyres that hard !

In the rear of the 130, fully loaded with work gear (600+kg) I only use 36psi on the bitumen in my 255/85s

• 3 weeks later...