200tdi v 300tdi

Basically no difference engine performance wise. The 300Tdi is supposed to be slightly more refined but every one I've been in still sounds like a tractor. Apparently, the 300Tdis are slightly less fuel efficient, although I doubt it would make any difference in the real world.

More important are the other differences in the vehicle. The 300Tdi will have the better (stronger and "smoother") R380 gearbox, as well as Disc brakes all-around. It will also have 24-spline half-shafts and diffs but still the weak 32-spline CVs. Fitting alloy wheels is much easier on 300Tdi models due to the smaller drive members and lack of brake drums. 300Tdis have much better electrics too, using proper looms and plugs rather than the awful older Lucas style systems.

Either vehicle will be at least 12 years old so rusting issues will be present wherever you look, although obviously any 200Tdi is going to be older.

No difference really regarding your planned mods, although you don't see many 110 CSWs with the "full complement". Probably because they cost so much more than other types of Land Rover.

Basically no difference engine performance wise. The 300Tdi is supposed to be slightly more refined but every one I've been in still sounds like a tractor. Apparently, the 300Tdis are slightly less fuel efficient, although I doubt it would make any difference in the real world.

More important are the other differences in the vehicle. The 300Tdi will have the better (stronger and "smoother") R380 gearbox, as well as Disc brakes all-around. It will also have 24-spline half-shafts and diffs but still the weak 32-spline CVs. Fitting alloy wheels is much easier on 300Tdi models due to the smaller drive members and lack of brake drums. 300Tdis have much better electrics too, using proper looms and plugs rather than the awful older Lucas style systems.

Either vehicle will be at least 12 years old so rusting issues will be present wherever you look, although obviously any 200Tdi is going to be older.

No difference really regarding your planned mods, although you don't see many 110 CSWs with the "full complement". Probably because they cost so much more than other types of Land Rover.

for the sake of 24 spline axles/r380/loom there doesn't seem alot in it.i can always upgrade these mechanicals if needed.i definately know of rust issue's after rebuilding my 90 so will be after the best i can get.

Thanks for the info

if I was buying my 1st 110, it would be a 300tdi, the 200's are getting scarce in great condition & cylinder heads are becoming difficult to obtain with no alternative available, although the 200 seems to be the stronger engine.

Hi Ralph Welcome to LR4x4.com & I'm not talking to myself,as it's my name too, that should confuse everybody else :i-m_so_happy:

Hi Ralph

Yeh i know,it's nearly confused a few people on here before.

The only thing is trying to find a decent 300tdi 110 within my budget(£3-4k).Which then will leave me about £3-4k to spend when i sell my V8 90.

Don't want to go anywhere near a dealer but even finding one on fleabay is getting difficult.