Hot Bonnet

HabMP

Not sure if this is an issue, but my bonnet seems to get very hot, so much so that when I was in the car wash today, it was steaming when they were washing it.

The engine is't over heating (according to the temp gauge), so is it an issue?

I was wondering if there may be some sort of heat guard missing from underneath??

Thanks

Mike

The bonnet on my 300TDi gives off a bit of steam in the rain or more recently snow/frost - but then again a previous owner has decided to remove the insulation from the underside!

Don't forget the manifold is realistically only a few inches under the bonnet :)

Cheers all.

Sounds like I am worrying over nothing.

There is a fair bit of smoke from the exhaust when it is cold, but someone at work has a Jag XFR with a V8, and his is terrible when cold.

Would the insulation you mention help? Does it do anything?

As long as I am doing no lasting damage, not too fussed. Think it shocked the guy washing the car more than it did me.

Mike

Cheers all.

Sounds like I am worrying over nothing.

There is a fair bit of smoke from the exhaust when it is cold, but someone at work has a Jag XFR with a V8, and his is terrible when cold.

Would the insulation you mention help? Does it do anything?

As long as I am doing no lasting damage, not too fussed. Think it shocked the guy washing the car more than it did me.

Mike

Thats just what it is insulation in sound and heat so without it I would think the bonnet would be very hot as with the insulation fitted the bonnet gets hot but not that hot you still put your hand on top of it so that may be called wsrm :) .