Tyre Choices - whats available ?

Hybrid_From_Hell

305 70 16 is about 33" ?

The imperial equivalent in height/width is 33x12.50R15 though obviously on a 15" rim. Never figured out why they use imperial for 15" and metric for 16"...

Bear in mind if you don't want the width, 285/75R16 are about the same height but a bit narrower due to being 75 section rather than 70 section.

How about these?

Oooooooooooo :wub: they look one of the best options yet :)

Need to work out what that comes up as, and also find out how accuarte

from memory (and mine is full of cold and antibiotics) 305 70 16 is about 33" ?

ANyway, nice find ta - defo on the list

Nige

Nige, here is a UK supplier of the Recip tyres they list both 285/75x16 and the 305's.

http://www.tyresdirectuk.co.uk/xcart/product.php?productid=16822&cat=277&page=1

Pete.

Another vote for Mickey Thompson here.

For your usage, the Baja Claw Radial would seem the best option I think. A mate of mine had them, good road manners and easily outperformed the traditional muds like BFG when offroad. Disavantage are price and width.

I have the Baja Competion Claw 37x13 on my Defender (on 8" rims with Staun beadlocks) and really love them.

Too bad the Baja Bias is only available in 46" and 54" nowadays...

I am over the moon with my KM2's but they are the first set of MT's I've owned so not really an informed opinion. Miles better in all circumstances than the previous rubbish I had on.

I bought a set of BFG MK2's 35 x 12.50 , 15 ( similar to the Baja Claw) at Billing and they look the part but the truck is off the road so I have not had a chance to trye them out in anger. there much more aggressive than the old MT in the same size.

you can come and have a good look if you want so you can see before you buy

My rims are Stazworks double internal beadlocks - views still the same or changed ?

:)

Nige

That is even better,with the beadlocks.Those rims sound interesting,we don't get them here.

And my vote for tyres is,Maxxis Trepadore Radials in 35x12.5x16.

I like them so much,I bought some.Much nicer to drive on than Radial Baja claws,and even though the tread isn't quite as deep,they give better traction on any rocky surface.

Wayne