Doubling up washer jets ...

I have just changed the bulkhead on my 200tdi 90 for a TD5 version.

And I have came up against a snag. A couple of years back I doubled up the washer jets on the old bulkhead and therefore had 4 water jets, two on each side rather than a single twin in the middle.

However, the wiper arm holes are different on the new bulkhead and the jets are not a good fit.

Is there a way round this?

If you do a lot of off road I found the best mod you can do to the washers is throw away the jets, Fit a T piece and then find a pair of spray bars from a peugeot 405 (local scrap yard). A couple of cable ties and they fit perfect along the wiper blade's, Get the water right where you want it and loads of it. Its the first mod I will do to any landrover I own in future!

Greg, slightly OT but can you give some details on the swap, how easy and was the TD5 bulkhead complete or bare? ONy my 200 one is showing early signs of age and swap for a fresher bulkhead might make more sense than patxhing it.

TIA

Greg, slightly OT but can you give some details on the swap, how easy and was the TD5 bulkhead complete or bare? ONy my 200 one is showing early signs of age and swap for a fresher bulkhead might make more sense than patxhing it.

TIA

Hi Trev,

My bulkhead was a brand new bare item, and I would say the job is about what you would expect it to be, as the bulkhead is a fairly major part of the structure of the vehicle .. time consuming rather than difficult.

As for the differences between Tdi and TD5, there are a fw minor changes, but nothing that cant be "fixed".

The biggest pain that I had was refitting the heater and steering arm... there were holes in the bulkhead to take the items but it took ages to track down the correct rivnuts to fit the holes.

I had the engine out of mine and have been doing other bits and pieces while it was off, but you should be able to do it with the engine in place.

If you want to do the job quickly then a complete bulkhead might be the easier way to go, but if you want to do it all ... and are willing to become very friendly with yout LR parts dept, then a bare bulkhead is fairly straighforward to do.

can I see a pic of this please...

:)

sounds like a good idea...

If you do a lot of off road I found the best mod you can do to the washers is throw away the jets, Fit a T piece and then find a pair of spray bars from a peugeot 405 (local scrap yard). A couple of cable ties and they fit perfect along the wiper blade's, Get the water right where you want it and loads of it. Its the first mod I will do to any landrover I own in future!

Im upset now, Thought that was an original idea I had! Turns out others had already done it.

I must admit every time I get a clod of mud on the screen its 100 time's easier to wash off than with those two poor jets of water that you have as standard!

If you want to do the job quickly then a complete bulkhead might be the easier way to go, but if you want to do it all ... and are willing to become very friendly with yout LR parts dept, then a bare bulkhead is fairly straighforward to do.

Thanks for that, reassuring. Sought of guessed it might be a lot of work and wouldn't want to find I'd got the wrong bulkhead halfway through. Though lie you say s/h complete unit in better nick would be a simpler answer.