por15 does it work?

Mean Green

It's not a rust inhibitor, it's just a very very sticky and tough paint. It will not stick to shiny or painted surfaces, but by god it sticks to rust like the proverbial to a blanket.

Under no circumstances get it on your hands, or anything else, and follow the advice about putting cling-film under the lid if you ever want to open it again. Don't bother cleaning brushes, use disposables.

I've always found hammerite to be a bit pants as a rust inhibitor. Mybe I've not prepared the surfaces properly, but the rust always seems to show through again quite rapidly, especially on exposed metalwork.

MikeTomcat used POR15 on the chassis of the 90 he built to take to ladoga. As Fridge says it provides rock'ard protection. Just make sure the chassis (or whatever it is you are painting) is dry and free from flaky rust and greasy bits.

^^^As Fridge says^^^ The stuff is awesome. Toughest paint i have EVER used. Its real shiny and will show up every blemish but just put a coat of matt over it if that bothers you. There is no finer paint. For gawds sake wear gloves.... it will take weeks to wear off your skin!

Its tough, but it certainly can pear off in sheets and when caught between a rock and a hard place (in this case the chassis) it's not appreciably better than any other paint and still comes off second best. Also if its likely to peal when damaged, then I expect it will also allow rust to spread underneath it. It was very nice to apply, spreading as a good even layer very easily and the little posts go a long way. Only needed 590 ml to do a range rover chassis nicely. After about the forth pot though the brush was well past its best. I doubt I would use it again on anything likely to regularly take hard knocks, might just as well use something cheaper that won't peal and keep touching it up.