110 CSW 2nd tank

L835

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I need to fit a second, under seat fuel tank in my 110 CSW. Will a series tank fit? I have a scrap 90 with a good tank, which would fit,but being a CSW the filler would exit through the 2nd row door!

Thanks in advance!

I have two tanks on my 110. The rear is standard but the front is a 70 Ltr as seen below

ta45_long_ranger_fuel_tank_front_mo.jpg

But you could just put a 90 one under the drivers seat of the 110 and then have a v8 fuel pump to pump from the front tank to the rear. If you get a series tank you could just fill it up by lifting up the drivers seat

BTW. Here is my 110 and you can just see the tank under the drivers side

P3030280.jpg

I don't think a 90 tank will go under the seat of a 110 CSW as the second row floor gets in the way. I am in the process of fitting a second tank to my 110 as part of my veg oil system. I was going to fit a military fuel tank from a series/lightweight that fills from under the seat base as I too had no where to put an external filler cap. In the end as I didn't need a very big tank I have gone for a 22L plastic marine type tank under the drivers seat instead.

I had this same problem and hoped that the LR Defender parts would do the job. No one appears to have them and there are none in the dealer network.

I have a Series military underseat tank which was bought as new old stock from Bearmach; I have no idea if they have any more and we have a few fitting issues, so it is lower than intended and backwards. My installation I cannot show images here as my site encodes them as HTML

You can use a series top fill military tank , the standard series tank will fit in a HT or truck cab , but not astation wagon as no where for filler (2nd row door) . You have to make a bracket (very simple) angle iron and weld to chassis to support front the rear IIRC uses single bolt with rubbers to isolate. simplest(ie most reliable) is use pump to pump to rear tank, when fuel level in rear tamk is low enough to hold all contents of front tank . This does not require a front tank fuel guage , as you know what you put in and it wont change till you pump out. It also overcomes fuel return problem , and also air leak chance is lowered due to not having switch over taps .

I use this system on my 110 , but its petrol V8 same principles apply . HTSH