Brick kiln Farm site

Invincibull

Shire Land Rover Club will be there at least once this year if you want a play day with marshals etc., or yes you can usually turn up and pay the farmer if he's about & happy etc.

It's on the club map here:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=203619272468398201752.00043cec44ca4f1bf25bf&ll=51.116778,-0.869465&spn=0.037392,0.072956&z=13&iwloc=00044d2cacea3ed2bebb9&source=embed

Well when I was last there it was madness! If there was a slope I ended up at the bottom of it, regardless of orientation, and getting out of ruts was basically impossible. But then my 90 is on very worn 245/75/R16 Trac Edges, so maybe that's no great suprise.

If you have decent tyres you'll hopefully fare better! I'd still take two vehicles though, or a winch.

Just be careful there though, it's my local site and I know the land owner and his daughters, there are nutters on dirt bikes all over the front and just inside the woods, the terrain is mild to impossible, you will have no insurance if things go tits up and lastly it's a few more than 10 miles from pompy takes me about 35 mins to the outskirts (and about 3 hours to the town centre ;-) of pompy from here.

Rgds,

Gary.

As I said, the ShireLRC have it booked at least once this year (it's not on the calendar yet but it should be soon), when they hire it there are NO nutters on bikes, there are marshals to pull you out, and there's a burger van. ;)

A forum day would either have to be an unofficial free-for-all gathering (just turn up, pay per car, take your chances with scramblers, no insurance) or the forum would have to stump up a site fee & get insurance, etc. etc. which would then need a minimum turnout to break even.

The AWDC are running the first round of their trials championship there on Sunday if anyone fancies a pop.

Or, if anyone was thinking of coming for an 'unofficial, throw the farmer a tenner' play, don't cos you won't be able to!!

There's Hogmoor, Bordon, and Slab Common all within a very short distance of each other, but you must book the site with the MOD and it's not cheap. ShireLRC have more than a couple of play days there this year.

I'm sure some sort of forum event can be organised somewhere though.

Can get the site for between £200 and 3250 depending on his mood, insurance could be "borrowed" from a local club but would work out about 9 per truck if using there name to run it.

There is a reason for that Jules and myself did a deal with ken ( the farmer ) about 10 year or more ago that we would pay him more for a day hire if there were no bikes there at all. Worked and made sure he kept the bikes away

There is a reason for that Jules and myself did a deal with ken ( the farmer ) about 10 year or more ago that we would pay him more for a day hire if there were no bikes there at all. Worked and made sure he kept the bikes away

It was more like 15yrs ago I agreed that with Ken to pay a extre £50 to stop the bikes piriod and the Wessex boys got the right hump with me because the price went up but the bikes went away when the 4x4's were there.

last I heard which was a while ago the Watercress line chaps were having a go about the site mud runs over flowing onto the railway sideings and the risk of the erosion under the tracks cause alot of conserne but I don't know if thats been solved or not so its worth a phone call first. the steam Train lot were getting very heavy with Ken if I recall.

If it's still a problem I offered my help before to Ken (I'm a Civil Eng) and I will happerly again if needed, a Forum site repair day would be a better plan and be seen to give something back am I wrong.

he was closed late last year to let the ground recover and do some drainage work i think

but the site is open now you just need to phone first to check if other events are on

i usually go on a saturday that way i avoid any other events that are booked there

Sorry my post shudda read £200-£250 for a days hire and that includes no bikes before 5pm, he is a funny old bugger but if you take the time to go there and have a chat we have gotten it (about 2years ago) for £200 on a Sunday, he is OK if you take the time to chat to him, to get on-side with him just ask, "how are your daughters getting on" spare an hour at his gate and he will do you a good deal.

If I recall his youngest is a lawyer I think and that is how he keeps the watercress guys at bay with well worded letters as they are a charity and cannot afford the legal costs :-) he is a wiry old bugger.

Sorry my post shudda read £200-£250 for a days hire and that includes no bikes before 5pm, he is a funny old bugger but if you take the time to go there and have a chat we have gotten it (about 2years ago) for £200 on a Sunday, he is OK if you take the time to chat to him, to get on-side with him just ask, "how are your daughters getting on" spare an hour at his gate and he will do you a good deal.

If I recall his youngest is a lawyer I think and that is how he keeps the watercress guys at bay with well worded letters as they are a charity and cannot afford the legal costs :-) he is a wiry old bugger.

I used to have long chats to him and he used to always make me laugh, moaning how tough it was to be a farmer these days. But he was saying that learning on his brand new 90 which was sat next to his new tractor :D

But a nice chap when you get to know him