Need a switch

You could try VehicleWiringProducts, but I have only seen two-way switches of that type. Why three way? Can you not set your fan to have a feed from the thermostatic switch and another parallel feed from the dash switch, so either can activate the fan? Do you really need to be able to switch it off from the cab? I would think that you could disconnect the feed or pull the fuse from the thermostatic switch if that goes wrong and just use the on-off switch in the cab, or do the same if you want the fan off for wading. It'd be much easier to source the switch and works just as well. It'd also prevent you from cooking the engine by accidentally leaving an "off/auto/on" switch in the off position. It works very well for me like that, using an X-eng X-Fan switch kit and an illuminated two-way rocker of exactly the type and position you're thinking of.

in my old disco i had two fans on the rad, both were switched seperately, via an x eng twin temp sensor, one for mildly warm, one for very warm! both also had on/off/on switches in the cab, that way i could have 'auto mode via the sensor', 'off (for wading)' and 'on manually, bypassing the sensor'..... might be a bit overkill, but i like to be able to control things manually aswell as auto, that way if the sensor fails i can deal with it by simply clicking a switch!

Hi

I'm looking for a 3 way switch to control my electric fan that will fit in the hole I have in the small switch panel to the lower right right of the steering wheel.

Does anyone know where I might get one?

Thanks

David

My 110 has a 3-way switch fitted down there.

It has a centre 'off' position, the up position switches on the instrument illumination, the down position switches on the interior lights.

I haven't got a picture of mine, but I found this one on the web -

post-148-0-95083800-1296248485_thumb.jpg

I don't know it's part number, but I'm sure that Ralph could oblige :)

Farnell list about 50 rocker switches which are on-off-on:Hopefully this works and takes you to search results

Alternatively vehicle wiring products JK28 or JK30 perhaps mounted in a slice of something to fit into the hole:

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/switches/lever.php

Of course, I completely forgot about the the dash/courtesy light switch! I suppose I could get one and try and scratch the symbols off.

Before doing that I'll pull one of the existing switches out and measure to see if farnell have an option. I'll report back with the size in case it helps somebody else in the future.

Thanks

David