DVLA have vehicle classed as "scap"

fozsug

Looking at a restoration project, but the DVLA have the Vehicle as "Scraped".

But it isnt!

It still has the vin plate and the chassis no matches the Vin.

The engine isnt original.

Would the DVLA give a age relate plate, "Q' plate or no plkate at all ?

I have spoken to DVLA but they seem very vague and unsure.

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas!

NB Not trying to start a SVA etc debate please.

Thanks

Tony

if it's logged as scrap, then the logbook has been sent off. you may be able to get an age related plate, although i think it will more than likely get a Q plate, as it will be classed as a rebuilt vehicle and get a DVLA issued chassis number.

you could try and argue the fact that you have all the details, and get the original number reinstated, although it will have a 2011 registration date, so lose it's status as a classic :(

has the seller got the V5?

if it's logged as scrap, then the logbook has been sent off. you may be able to get an age related plate, although i think it will more than likely get a Q plate, as it will be classed as a rebuilt vehicle and get a DVLA issued chassis number.

you could try and argue the fact that you have all the details, and get the original number reinstated, although it will have a 2011 registration date, so lose it's status as a classic :(

has the seller got the V5?

Thanks for the reply Al

No there is no V5, but it has alot of old service and repair invoices, including the engine change. The vehile is original and has not been modified (except by rust :P ) and the engine change.

Mmm 2011 registration..... that would just look weird!

What James said - I've put a few scrappers back on the road, chances are you can just send off and say you've put it back on the road and they just say "OK".

If it's lost it's reg (damaged write-off) they will issue a new age-related one, possibly after a VIC but in my case when they got bored of sitting on the paperwork. If it's been built from bitsa, and loses out on the points system, then you probably are looking at a Q-plate.

What James said - I've put a few scrappers back on the road, chances are you can just send off and say you've put it back on the road and they just say "OK".

If it's lost it's reg (damaged write-off) they will issue a new age-related one, possibly after a VIC but in my case when they got bored of sitting on the paperwork. If it's been built from bitsa, and loses out on the points system, then you probably are looking at a Q-plate.

Thanks

Its looking hopefull then as it isnt registered a CAT A,B,Cor D, hasnt been in an acident, and is definately not a Bitsa.:D

Cheers

Tony

I was under the impression that a vehicle is only marked "scrapped" when an owner/scrapyard declares to the DVLA that the vehicle has been completely broken up and cannot be returned to the road (which usually means chopping the chassis up into itty bitty pieces). If this is correct, then someone has possibly made a false declaration to the DVLA.

You can telephone the DVLA you know, sometimes they are even helpful although they do their best to stamp out that sort of thing.

Ryan - it depends, there's scrapped as in crushed and melted down, and there's "it's not on the road anymore" / "it's accident damaged" etc., these days proper scrapped means it went to a registered dismantler who filled in the requisite paperwork and whatnot and definitely crushed it, but that's only relatively recent.

I un-scrapped a vehicle by telling them I'd clicked on the Scrap rather than Sorn button on the web site - and not noticed for a couple of years.

The girl on the phone said quite a lot of people have done that - and re-instated it.

Si