which battery impact gun

tom td5

Hi there,

In the next few weeks im going to be starting the rebuild of my defender, And was thinking a battery impact gun would be handy for the process, obviosly going to have to be fairly powerfull with all these rusted bolts. :ph34r:

So which one would you guys recomend,

Thanks Tom

Snap on all the way, though you need to find a friendly dealer so you dont pay full retail.Joint second goes to facom and Ingersol rand though they are dearer than snap on.

Thanks, how much roughly should i be looking to pay from the snap on dealer??

Had a look on the internet and prices seem to vary.

Snap on all the way, though you need to find a friendly dealer so you dont pay full retail.Joint second goes to facom and Ingersol rand though they are dearer than snap on.

Thanks. How much should i be looking to pay for one of the snap on dealer?? :)

Had a look on the internet and prices seem to vary

As with any tools Tom, buy the best you can afford.

Been thinking about one for myself, for work.

So lets start a comparison eh ?

Snap-on CTU6855, Max. output torque 534nm, weight 3kgs with battery (2 batteries supplied), on the vans at £400+vat.

Bosch GDS18v-HT, Max. output torque 475nm, weight 3.4kgs with battery (2 batteries supplied), £360+vat.

DeWalt DC820KB, Max. output torque 195nm, weight 2kgs, 2 batteries supplied, £240+vat.

DeWalt DW059K2H Max. output torque 418nm, weight 3.2kgs with 2 batteries supplied, £300+vat

Sealey CP2450, Max. torque output 555nm, weight 7kgs, kit not specified, £165 inc

Sealey CP3004, Max. torque output 542nm, weight 3.2 kgs, 1 battery supplied £257 inc

IR W360, Max. torque output 490nm, weight 7kgs, kit not specified, £350+vat

Clarke CIR450, Max. torque output 450nm, weight 3.4kgs, 1 battery supplied £120+vat

Milwakky 0779-22 Max. torque output 440nm, weight 8.7 kgs, 1 battery supplied, £320+vat

Prices are just google ads, not investigated fully. So it looks like you get what you pay for!

i have a snap on one, mine came with 2 batterys, every person i know has 2 with it, very good indeed, my mate compared them and brought the sealy one because its more powerful, must say the snap on has alot more grunt and batterys last alot longer, i also brought the drill and chop off saw aswell, so have 6 batterys and 3 chargers which all can be used on each other, very good and well made and will always get my vote

In the course of typing the above, I've stumbled across a new Sealey CP2450 with 2 batteries for £159 + £8 posting, on Ebay.

Just bought it :)

I've used the snap-on ones before and agree they're proper skookum, bashed the wheelnuts straight off one of our 6.5 tonners without breaking sweat (they're torqued up to 400nm).

I've never used any of the others listed above, but I reckon it's safe to say the Machine Mart one will fall to bits after about 5 seconds, and the broken parts will be 'wear items' and won't be covered by the warranty. I'm happy to be proven wrong though, if someone wants to waste invest their money and try it???

I believe that the battery life/quality of battery is what makes the difference in price.

I have had and still use the last 4 models Snap-On have brought out and you can't really fault them, especially the newer ones with the much better sliding battery affair.

The only thing i dont like is that they free-wheel to a stop, there is no brake like on a DeWalt.

GDS 18 V-LI HT Professional works to 650nm, thats what i have and its an awesome tool. well built, strong and great to handle.

Im sure mine stops once you release the trigger instead of winding down, have to go and check now....

Remember too that the Bosch comes with 2 3.0ah lithium-ion batteries and a 20min charger, along with the best storage box in the industry (l-boxx) or sortimo. I have plenty space in mine for sockets etc... Far superior to any sealey toy

I got mine for £290+vat bargin.....

And just while im bumming up bosch tools the 18v hammer/drill/driver and 18v grinder are excellent too.

So thats my oppinion and a 3rd vote for the bosch

Callum

like cienanc said it what you can afford.

i got a sealey 24v impact gun last year.. cant fualt it.. for £100 off a1-plant sales.

but i just bought myself a 14.4v snap on gun.. it unspeakable for much better it more powerfull it is compeared to the sealey one..

so i would say the snap on gun.. it has a veriable speed so yo can use to for every think. when the sealey is either on or off lol

but the sealey i bought new and it been back to sealey twice for warrenty repairs. and the snap on i bought used for £150 iv had for few months but if somthin goes wrong like the motor failing on the sealey its covered with snap on life time warrenty.. no matter how abused or old it is!

cheers

sam