Floor Anchors

JST

I have occassionally found myself in the position that i need to get the 90 into the garage, (when i cant drive it, or use the starter) but theres a slope that i cant push it up on my own. (waiting for someone else isint an option)

So if you wanted to move a vehicle across gravel and up a slight ramp into a garage, and were going to use the winch to pull it in what would you use to secure the winch hook to a concrete floor, i am thinking exanding bolts holding a metal plate with a loop on it, but where would you get one from.

total ht change is no more than 8" over 2ft, so small slope, so shouldn't need too much - any ideas where to get a plate with hook upto the job from, or what dia to make the loop from? say fitted to 6mm base plate?

any thoughts?

Try a motor bike shop for a security floor bolt thing - I've seen them as plates with hoops welded on suitable for bolting down with 4 of bolts. However I would make sure that it has long rwal type bolts with wise it may come out with a section of your concrete floor.

Adrian

I would reccomend a good quality anchor too. That way you can use it should you ever need to secure a bike, genny, etc., in such a way as to be hard work for any scrotes to nick - or simply in order to obtain insurance against theft of such items.

Chris

Try a motor bike shop for a security floor bolt thing - I've seen them as plates with hoops welded on suitable for bolting down with 4 of bolts. However I would make sure that it has long rwal type bolts with wise it may come out with a section of your concrete floor.

Adrian

James I have one of these sitting in the garage if you want me to bring it to Tony's

Steve

You can't push it because the slope is too much or have physical condition stopping you?

How are you pushing the LR? Have you tried grabbing the tyre and pulling/pushing on that? Works for me - the tyre diameter acts as big lever so makes it easier (oh, and a small wooden block to chock the wheels to your effort is not wasted when it tries to roll back down the slope.

yeah cheers Tony, just because i told you i pulled the bench off the wall last time.

O2 - the slope isint that big so it must be my physical capability, perhaps i should aim to get out more and do some trg.

i reckon the best and cheapest thing would be a very large gate hanger that farmers use to hang 5 bar gates off. Bloody heavy duty and reckon they would easily stand up to what you want to do with them

Drill a hole in the conrete slightly larger than the bolt, vacuum the hole, then get one of those permanant commercial glue vials- chemfix or something like that. Push the bolt into the glue and there you go.

Guest diesel_jim

My old garage space at my parents place, i had a brick floor, i just removed one of the bricks and hammered in a military ground anchor pin. right in, until just the "ring" was showing, stuck in a shackle. job done!

i pulled it out last month,it had been in there for about 10 years or so. bit of a wire brush to get the vrud off of it, good as new!

cheers for the ideas guys, i will run with the ne Steve will be bringing to BDB07 and go from there, Jim gate hanger is a good idea, you can get them on plates as well so could still be bolted, not sure on the strength though.

cheers for the ideas guys, i will run with the ne Steve will be bringing to BDB07 and go from there, Jim gate hanger is a good idea, you can get them on plates as well so could still be bolted, not sure on the strength though.

strength is no problem- i've jumped up and down on the end of gates before- so thats a 450kg shock loading over 3 metres- which is quite a lot i reckon.

I can bring it to BDB06 if you want it sooner James! ;);)

Steve that would be ideal.

Jim you are right 450kg over 3m a hell of a force, if i catch you jumping on the end of my gates i wouldnt be happy. no wonder those side slopes felt bad over the weekend.