Air tool fittings...

I have numerous air tools; impact gun, spray guns, grinders etc - but they all seem to have different size fittings on. I tried to buy some bayonet fittings from ebay - but they turned out to be an american size and so just increased the diversity of products. As it stands mty best combination is only 2 male bayonets that will fit one of my female fittings - So, where can I buy multiple fittings without paying a fortune?

All in all I'd like maybe 8 male bayonet fittings and 2 female - so if anyone could point me in the direction of a fair price I'd be very grateful.

Here's a sample:

f63a6d81.jpg

For the top connector type in the picture (which is the most common)

Screwfix do them

e.g.

Pack of 5 1/4 BSP male PCL for £5.99 (Linky)

Also in Female and the quick connectors.

The second connector down is called "Universal" and screwfix do those as well.

I'd recommend if you are buying female ends for an extension hose (my compressor has a female, the tools are all male) get the locking ends where you don't just slide a sleeve to unlock it, otherwise if you drag the joint over the ground it can separate with much noise and whipping about.

Nigel

I'd recommend if you are buying female ends for an extension hose (my compressor has a female, the tools are all male) get the locking ends where you don't just slide a sleeve to unlock it, otherwise if you drag the joint over the ground it can separate with much noise and whipping about.

Nigel

The fittings that you are describing are made to be fix mounted - i.e on the wall, so it's easy to plug the hose in and out. The type with a "rim" around the edge are for hose ends.

G

Another vote for PCL - I bought air tools from several sources and all seemed to have a different stylee of 'euro connector' - in then end I just found the cheapest supplier for what appeared to be genuine PCL on Eblag and standardised the fleet. End of connection frustrations.

Try to get some anerobic thread sealer like Loctite 577 as opposed to PTFE tape too, far better IMHO.