4x4 INSURANCE

LOOKING FOR INSURANCE FOR A MODIFIED DEFENDER

I have a reasonably modified defender and wish to get some insurance on it. I will be using it for green laning and a little road use. can anyone reccomend who to talk to.

The vehicle is an old F reg Defender 90 with the following mods, looks bit of an old dog but does what it says on the tin...

Full external roll cage

Challenge wings

35" wheels

3 winches

ARB lockers

Ashcroft shafts

Discovery rear axle

Ashcroft transfer box

Ashcroft diffs etc etc

Please advise. Mark

2Gether Insurance. Cheaper than Frank Pickles and if you catch them late on a Friday evening, they might even discount it even more (they did for me anyway). K Reg 200Tdi 90, £125 fully comp with no no-claims. All mods covered with greenlaning and offroading included.

Couldn't argue really.

The OP might mean it in the sense that that is the only use of any concern to the insurance company, use on the public highway.

Off-road on private land is none of their business, after all :)

Good point, well presented. My point still stands though. :P

Chris

i have a road legal challenge 90, i went for a quote with the NFU with all the mods highlighted they were quite expensive. So i tried Adrian Flux and 3 party F and T was only £300 with limited millage (just said under average miles per year)

i thought it was pretty good