Adding lpg to MS2

des90

If you use a single point LPG system you'll only need to spark part of MS.

Someone on here is looking at running sequential LPGi with MS, hopefully they'll pop their head up shortly

If you use a single point LPG system you'll only need to spark part of MS.

Someone on here is looking at running sequential LPGi with MS, hopefully they'll pop their head up shortly

Yes i was thinking that but the fuelling side would have to switch on and off -thats what i was wondering how to do

As Bowie soixante-neuf has said duel tables are needed and the injected LPG project is running nicely except for a small problem that's being addressed.wink.gif

And what is the little problem? I'm thinking of singe point lpg not multi point because it would seem simpler

Not trying to hijack but I was thinking about this a little bit- Could I simply knock something together to allow me to mount a group of LPG injectors on the intake pipe before the plenum? Kind of like throttle body injection but with perhaps 4 injectors.

Was thinking that this should work as that is where the mixer ring would feed gas in on a non-injected setup- but it would give you the ability to control mixtures waaay better than the normal vapouriser-mixer ring setup like I have now. Would be pretty simple to fabricate too :)

Quagmire - No reason why not that I can think of, far worse ideas have been committed by manufacturers. Then again, you could drill in a 2nd set of injectors to the inlet manifold or plenum. Someone (Glenns Garage or DIYAutotune maybe) even sell injector-boss drill bits.

you could drill in a 2nd set of injectors to the inlet manifold or plenum. Someone (Glenns Garage or DIYAutotune maybe) even sell injector-boss drill bits.

I've seen LPG injectors done this way on a TLC 6cyl petrol lump. Not the prettiest job in that instance, but functional.

Not trying to hijack but I was thinking about this a little bit- Could I simply knock something together to allow me to mount a group of LPG injectors on the intake pipe before the plenum? Kind of like throttle body injection but with perhaps 4 injectors.

Was thinking that this should work as that is where the mixer ring would feed gas in on a non-injected setup- but it would give you the ability to control mixtures waaay better than the normal vapouriser-mixer ring setup like I have now. Would be pretty simple to fabricate too :)

Yes thats a similar idea i was thinking- alloy ring machined up to fit onto the plenum intake with 2 lpg injectors to fire the gas in- i,m trying to get my head round this 2 maps and switching between them

Switching maps is the easy part. You use a dash mounted fuel changeover switch connected through a relay to swap from one map to the other. This is how my Megajolt is connected.

Getting good maps takes a bit more effort.

On the number of injectors point, I'd want to be sure how much fuel each one could deliver. For instance, a V8 has 8 injectors, each capable of providing enough fuel for one cylinder. Although I suppose you could simply fire a single one, or pair, more frequently into the throttle body.

I wonder how much controllability this gives compared to one per cylinder fitted close to each port in the inlet manifold :unsure:

Switching maps is the easy part. You use a dash mounted fuel changeover switch connected through a relay to swap from one map to the other. This is how my Megajolt is connected.

Getting good maps takes a bit more effort.

On the number of injectors point, I'd want to be sure how much fuel each one could deliver. For instance, a V8 has 8 injectors, each capable of providing enough fuel for one cylinder. Although I suppose you could simply fire a single one, or pair, more frequently into the throttle body.

I wonder how much controllability this gives compared to one per cylinder fitted close to each port in the inlet manifold :unsure:

So what system have you got running-multi injectors into the manifold?

Yes well... he was 50% of the way there I suppose! :)

Welllll yes I will concur.... We do the same job but with out all the messing around. Just drill with the right size bit, then tap and screw the correct nozzle in, then proceed ... biggrin.gif

But not using MS... wink.gif

Looks to me he is using a OMVL R90 vaporizer, i'm not sure if this will gonna work. The OMVL is suppost to be working with a vacuum while a normal lpg system (injectors and ecu) work with a 1 bar vapour injection. Something like a Tomasetto would be a better choice i think.

post-9183-0-40410500-1308387869_thumb.jpg

Has anyone ever fitted megasquirt to a mechanically injected diesel engine? i.e. one lpg injector per inlet on manifold to augment the diesel fuel already going in through the direct injectors.

Have seen some basic systems that operate of boost pressure from the "aneroid" (I think) up to 25% adds more torque and makes engine more thermally effiecient, clearly I don not want to blow my engine up though.

• 5 weeks later...

On the engine I'm building at the moment I have fitted a S/H multipoint LPG kit that has the actual injectors mounted on the inlet manifold, drilled bosses that they push into. I'll try and get some photos but to say it's a tight squeeze would be an understatement.

So what system have you got running-multi injectors into the manifold?

Oops, missed this.

I'm still running single point LPG with Megajolt.

I have full MS kit in the garage that's begging to be fitted. Seems silly not to combine it with multipoint LPG. I just need to find out how to do that