The "Well Stuck Thread"

Me%20stuck.jpg

Looks innocent enough but I'd got serious transmission wind up and the gearboxes were jammed solid. Dragging a dead 110 from a stinking swamp with the wheels not turning was no mean feat!

Will :)

I don’t profess to being particularly clever or an off-road guru (although I’ve got muddy once or twice) but what does the above mean? Never heard of ‘ serious transmission wind up and jammed gearbox’s??????

Regards

Lee

not sure if anyone took a photo but i am sure they did

Guy shepherd at romsey when he decided to go into the puddle filled the engine with water

If i remember it took three winches to get him out

or me at burnworthy where it took two hours of winching and broke lovejoys winch, Hifonics winch and my winch.Somewhere there is a photo of the series being dragged through the bog with about 2 tonnes of mud sliding in front like a landslide

PICT01113.jpg

Is was being really awkward and wouldn't come sideways to lign up for the exit. My under body protection acts a bit like a keel :( And I had no front locker then, so the front wheels wern't helping at all.

We had to go to a snatch block up a tree for a 'lift' ! We always seem to be 'more stuck' when the anchor point is close to the winch and the drum is full. On the last wrap it'll pretty much rip the truck out of anything :D