Webesto engine pre heater

Maverik

I'm just putting together a Webesto pre-heater assembly for my truck, just ordering parts and I'm in 2 minds as to go for a 7-day timer or a telestart keyfob system. - the telestart is a fair bit more cash but if its more usefull then I want to go for it staright off.

Anyone got any views/recomendations?

Cheers

Mav

I'd vote telestart, they're cool bits of kit. The timer means you need to know in advance when you want it running, the telestart you can ping it as you get out of bed & it's toasty by the time you get in the car.

Aye, i think I was coming to that conclusion, what I'm struggling with just now is if, I just buy a standard telestart kit, does it just plug in?

what about using a cheap alarm off ebay with a remote start function? rather than having it set to start the engine, wire it to the heater?

IIRC i've seen them for about £30 or so

although being in Aberdeenshire, wouldn't it be better to have the 7 day timer for the winter? set and forget for the same time each morning? especially judging by the "predictions" for this winter, and the long cold spell we had this year

Aye, i think I was coming to that conclusion, what I'm struggling with just now is if, I just buy a standard telestart kit, does it just plug in?

The Telestart just plugs in as a separate module. I've got both the timer and the low end telestart unit. I've never used the timer since I got the telestart, except as an on/off switch when sat in the truck.

I have the remote only on my Webasto heater.

Very useful. Switch on 20 minutes before we're going out - and a nice warm cab with defrosted windows to climb into, with a nice warm engine to fire up.

Timer is OK if you are going to be using the vehicle at the same time every day... Spend the extra, you won't regret it! :)

Cheers,

I would imagine it would be a bit difficult to wire all that in to a vehicle with an alarm and/or immobiliser fitted or am I wrong?

Love the idea of pre-heated coolant/heater - it would save on engine wear as well as being warm and toasty!! :rolleyes:

I think, I'll be going with the telestart, I think it makes sense really. Got the burner unit delivered this weekend and was having a head scratch at where I'm going to fit it, going to be an interesting challange!

have bought a single channel remote from maplins £35 not fitted it to heater yet will do in a couple of weeeks.have just got the burner on an on off switch at the moment do not think i will bother with a timer.

I would imagine it would be a bit difficult to wire all that in to a vehicle with an alarm and/or immobiliser fitted or am I wrong?

As long as your alarm isn't upset by the current draw, the noise or the warm air currents, it's very simple. The Telestart just plug in to the timer wiring loom as far as I remember.

I did originally wire the heater into my alarm spare channel, but as Fridge pointed out, the Telestart is longer range than most keyfob remotes (the keyfob runs off 24V!) and it's

two way, so you know if the heater has heard you and started up.

As long as your alarm isn't upset by the current draw, the noise or the warm air currents, it's very simple. The Telestart just plug in to the timer wiring loom as far as I remember.

I did originally wire the heater into my alarm spare channel, but as Fridge pointed out, the Telestart is longer range than most keyfob remotes (the keyfob runs off 24V!) and it's

two way, so you know if the heater has heard you and started up.

Ah ha, I thought I recognised that Avtar! EP90.com! Really good write up, hence me swinging to Telestart rather quickly! :D