Buying Military land rovers...

Maverik

Hello all, don't usualy post here so new one for me, and as some of you may have worked out I'm looking for a slightly different truck be in Camel trophy or obscure military!

I've spotted a TUM "look a like" and think its a good base to build on... its a little pricey coming in at 8k it being a standard FFR 110 underneith. My link

I'm looking for a vehicle that I can use, but also "show" and build on. Now even my untrained eye can pick up things that are wrong with it, which is good as it leaves me some work to do on it - so not really asking for how wrong it is. more views on whether I can look about a bit and find somthing equally as intresting but cheaper..?

what do people think?

Cheers

Mav

There are too many things "wrong" with that. It's not an FFR underneath, it's supposed to have been a GS but there doesn't seem to be much of the original GS left, if anything at all. I'm far from a military LR expert so could well be wrong but that looks more like a civvy LR painted green.

I had a 110 V8 GS a few years older than that one and the only parts of that vehicle that I would say are still original are the bonnet and the rear tub. The rest seems to have been replaced with civilian versions.

As others have said, it's overpriced and not even close to original, a bit like painting a Suzuki Vitara camel yellow and trying to palm it off as a camel trophy support vehicle.

, a bit like painting a Suzuki Vitara camel yellow and trying to palm it off as a camel trophy support vehicle.

:hysterical: I like that! - well I just got an email from the guy and he said he'd just sold it for £8600... after having a snoot on the rest of the web, he really was asking a rather lot for it.

total fake in my opinion.

being ex military myself it doesn't look right.

unless things have changed it would have,

Series type doors

Bloody big battery box up against inner bulkhead

Usually have 2 TUAAM mounts(front top of each wing)

They don't have recessed towing electrics

Should have a hand throttle for static battery charging

Pretty sure all millitary spec are 24V with twin alt

Right, I have seen this vehicle in the flesh as I have bought a few wolf bits off of the fella for my genuine wolf 110.

The subject of is it genuine military..... the answer yes. It was a 110 winterised built in 1990. It was built as a GS. It ended up on the Y plate because the guy doing the engine swap was a gullable type of guy, and followed the advice of a VOSA official that was a little over zelous. The civvie doors were fitted to all winterised, and winterised waders that were built in 1990/91 as that was the contract details, as specified by the MOD.

The curent owner then set about to make a wolf replica. He has done an alright job, just missing a few items like the jerrie can doors....

The price..... well, £8600 is alot of cash, but try to build your own wolf replica and you will see where the price has come from. It all depends on how much the purchaser wants a wolf, or wolf replica. Dont forget Phil Bashall has sold 110 Wolfs for between £14000 and £18000, and never had any problem selling. The cheaper one was sold within two weeks of him advertising it. they are a rare thing and if you really want one, that is the cost, take it or leave it.

If you want to take it, PM me as I may be selling my Genuine 110 wolf due to imminent redundancy.