3 inch lift

Hi.

I would just like to know the views on a proposed 3in lift on a 86 110 csw. I have been running with a 2in lift for a few years now but when I get loaded up, ie front winch, spare on the bonnet, spare on rear door, roof bars with 4 x 15kg ish each bridging ladders a spare on the rear door, ropes, shackles and camping stuff I feel I loose some of lift. Would a 3in lift be too much to ask on std radius,trailing arms and front and rear drive shafts?

you might be better off changing the springs for some that will handle the weight when fully loaded, as you haven't mentioned which springs you currently have fitted,

my 110csw runs with a heavy winch & bumper & close to 400kgs of recovery kit in the back, I took my truck loaded & spoke to Chris Bashall of Surrey offroad & went for Old Man Emu springs all round, the fronts are OME 751 which will easily cope with a 110kg load & still go to max weight & the rears are 754's which easily cope with up to 500kg of load & are fine for max gross weight.

maybe it would be worth finding out how much everything weighs, get a total weight front & rear & talk to Chris too.

mine in the photo below is loaded for a motorsport event & sits slightly nose down & retains all the axle travel/articulation

post-20-0-30122000-1313783576_thumb.jpg

why is it nose down?? is it all the gadgets?:P

its a nice landy, and its done you proud! at least give it a loving paint job! :(

there is 1 inch difference betwween front & rear due to the rear springs being able to handle a bigger costant weight, measred from the ground to the lower lip of the wheel arch flexy flare centred on the hub, it's only noticeable if, a - I mention it or b - you measure it. it doesn't affect the handling, I can hustle it along winding country roads quite quickly for a big vehicle.

Don't see why it needs a "paint job"

Looks good to me (apart from the fact that it has 2 doors more than necessary) :P

I find 90's are to bouncy for my comfort & I couldn't do my recovery hobby with a 90, not enough room & no accomodation for the crew of a busted up rallycar, got to keep those boys & girls dry & warm.

there is 1 inch difference betwween front & rear due to the rear springs being able to handle a bigger costant weight, measred from the ground to the lower lip of the wheel arch flexy flare centred on the hub, it's only noticeable if, a - I mention it or b - you measure it. it doesn't affect the handling, I can hustle it along winding country roads quite quickly for a big vehicle.

on the photo its pointing down, i think its a pi55ed camera man!:ph34r::P

My 200 Tdi 110 has Bearmach heavy duty plus 2 inch springs on with OME shocks.

It also has 1 inch spring spacers to give it a 3 inch lift.

It usually runs fairly well loaded and although its on 35's it handles quite well.

wizard

on the photo its pointing down, i think its a pi55ed camera man!:ph34r::P

landy-novice,

This area [just like all the vehicle specific sections] is here to post specific questions and answers. Let's keep the thread on topic.

No need to respond or comment [so don't], just take this for what it is - a friendly initial reminder.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I think +2 springs and shocks with a 1 inch spacer,or spring seats up turned to see what it will look and sit like would be the best option and keep a good eye on the main drive shafts hardy dodeies.

post-5218-0-85202500-1313872360_thumb.jpg

Bushwhacker 1 and my co pilots 4/5 years ago.