Stolen Challenge truck

glaggs

Keep your eyes open for this truck.... or parts. Stolen in Barnsley area about 4 weeks ago. If you get wind of any bits at a price too good to be true - it probably is! Pass the word around and bolt your trucks down. Looks like there's a gang working South/West Yorks again.

post-3699-0-83016000-1314128441_thumb.jpg

i saw this topic and went to ebay to see if it was on there and it was, i clicked on the pictures and compared them to the one above for about five minutes. i reckoned it was the same so i scrolled down and realised it was your ad.

anyway i hope you get her back in 1 piece!

Edited by Daan
No need to swear.

this is another one stolen around the same time from doncaster,this ones got cctv images of the thieves too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280725629166?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp3984.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D280725629166%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

i also heard the other day that 3 defenders were stolen in one week from the dronfield area nr sheffield recently,as there all not far from each other i would bet they've all been had by the same gang

There was a challenge truck stolen from just north of sheffield earlier in the year.

Owner looked on ebay, found some of his truck. Set up a meet with the guy to 'buy' at a local garage (strangely the seller declined to give his address for some reason....), however he arranged to have police round the corner. Once he was sure it was his gear a nod to the police and they he was nicked..... So it can be done. So get on ebay and start looking, post up pictures of recognisable bits etc.

Makes me wounder if the same scrote/his mates are 'out' again??

Adrian

Hi Novice,

It already had them fitted Steering wheel disc lock, immobiliser all ripped off, tracking device that's why I got it back!!

And what have you got on yours??

what sort of tracker you got? link? mine? i have a 2a so there's no secure way of installing anything IMO but i have an 'immobiliser' :ph34r: any way it's hidden in the back garden under an ebay poly tunnel cover and there are two other cars in the way so it will hopefully stay there!!!

i dont plan on doing much more to it anyway, paint job and then it goes! :( the love just aint there any more!! so next im gunna get a defender!! :D but the rate of them being stolen is very off putting to say the least!! but when i get 1 i hope to go over board with security!! i was thinking 'universal' car alarm with an immobiliser, a non gps tracker, why i hear you ask? because gps 'jammers' are so cheap and readily available nowadays! and maybe some sort of hand brake lock on device! and maybe a pedal secure box. these devices should stop those thieving F*****G pikeys, :angry:

any other ideas and 'mods' i would love to hear them!! :)

http://www.noisekill...ty_products.asp

Scroll down, C2 & C1

Cheers,

good products but i cant see the £60 difference! and they would be useless on my drive as its lay-by style :( clutch claw is useless if it only last 30 minutes! :o other thing i seen is a device that locks on your brakes that looks good but i coundnt use it because my new brake componants arrived in blue boxes! :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Guys thanks for looking out for my truck.

Here is the full spec:

• 1986 Ex-mod 90 truck cab, 35,000mls

• 200Tdi engine, 1.67 ratio transfer box

• LPG gas system fitted

• KAM air locking 4 pin diffs front and rear with heavy duty 24 spline half shafts and drive flanges as follows:

2 x xnew HD half shafts in rear

2 x new Aero space grade half shafts in front as of 1/9/10

• AEU2522 CV’s

• QT heavy duty drag link and track rod

• QT diff protectors front and rear

• Front mounted Warn 8274-50 with 250A isolator switch, 125ft of 11mm plasma 12 strand and stainless steel hawse fairlead

New motor fitted August 2010

• D44 (Devon 4x4) front winch bumper with aluminium radiator guard around winch drum

• Off Road Armoury ground anchor and D44 front bumper mount

• Rear mounted Super winch Husky with 250A isolator switch

125 foot winch tape (Samson) with Cum Up aluminium hawse fairlead.

• Battery isolator switch with engine cut-out

• Dash mounted remote winch control switches

• External winch control switches front and rear

• 8x16 Mach 5 wheels

• 35/10.5 R.16 SIMEX Extreme Trekkers x5

• OME (Old Man Emu)764 front springs

• OME N115 front shocks

Gwyn Lewis Challenge spec front turrets/securing rings (-1inch)

• OME 762 rear springs

• OME N44 rear shocks

Gwyn Lewis rear shock drop plate / challenge relocators and spring retainers

• OME steering damper

• Snorkel with K&N filter

• QT Services Full 6 point chassis mounted FIA/MSA/ARC/AWDC approved 48.3mm, 10 gauge CDS roll cage around truck cab.

• D44 Waffles and bookends mounted on rear

• Hi lift jack mounted horizontally across rear

• Corberau seats

• UK Covers seat covers

• Cubby box

• Pioneer stereo and speakers

• Midland 38 CB

• Rear facing Hella work light

• Raised breathers for injection pump, timing case, axles and gearbox

• Gwyn Lewis rock sliders with kickers

• Gwyn Lewis tank guard

• La-Salle door trims and removable door tops

• Spare wheel mounted in load bed

• MOD bonnet clasps

• Towing eyes on rear cross member

• Gwyn Lewis stainless steel side exit exhaust

Starter motor serviced Aug 2010 with fully serviced recon unit as spare

Bonnet and wings in black chequer plate

2 x Remote winch trailing leads

Full set of winch straps, shackles etc

Bearmach steering bar / sump guard

MOMO sports steering wheel

Detachable tow hitch

Fire extinguisher (2litre foam) mounted in cab

Life hammer mounted in cab

First aid kit

Chassis is wax oiled with no rust

Cab internals recently hammerited no rust

Etc, etc, etc, etc

The Kam lockers were old style, very distinctive, just trying to figure out how to load photos: will do so asap.

Well its been on ebay and various forums for circa 2 months now. Its had almost 25,000 hits on the various listings!

I've offered a significant cash reward for the vehicle or parts with no takers what so ever.

The issue now is not really about getting the vehicle back, I suspect that its component parts have been cast to the four corners of the universe.

Its more about identifying, thieves and handlers and how they should be dealt with if found!!!!!

Hmmmmm, possibly time to shut up before I say something I regret.

And another thing:

4x4 theft appears to be at epidemic proportions so I just want to thank the Police for all the time and effort they have put into tracing my vehicle and the 10's of others that are stolen monthly in South Yorkshire. NOT.

They are however very good at dishing out tickets - believe me, I've experienced their skill in that departement lol.

Hmmmmm, possibly time to shut up before I say something I regret.