My challenge to anyone with a series 1/2

ROGUE TROOPER

that id like to watch, a tweaked Tdi disco is working hard in high 1st to get up there. i know ive done it.

considering getting an S1 soon(ish) might have to give it go when i get rich & fancy a drive.

Drive up Hardknott/Wrynose pass...... Ford Fusion 4 people, 1st gear @4000 rpm!!

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?cli...;multimap.y=280

Drove up and over the pass a few years ago 3 up + camping gear in a ford fiesta at 1:30 in the morning having driven 6 hours from Portsmouth!

Very entertaining going round the bends as of course the headlights don't follow your line of sight! Had to stop a couple of times to shoo away the sheep which were sleeping in the road!

Diff

At the time there was a tricked up Disco going up and down..........maybe he was testing it!!

Hi, newbie here, had to reply as I drove it on our way to Wasdale head camp site in our 109 series 2 five of us on board and all our gear! Admittedly very slowly, main issue was lack of hand brake and meeting some german tourists who had stopped half way as scared of finishing in the dark. Regards, Christian.

Hi, newbie here, had to reply as I drove it on our way to Wasdale head camp site in our 109 series 2 five of us on board and all our gear! Admittedly very slowly, main issue was lack of hand brake and meeting some german tourists who had stopped half way as scared of finishing in the dark. Regards, Christian.

You will get extra points if it was a Diesel!

I cycled up it in 2000 on a Full Suspension mountain bike, I was doing a solo 6 day tour of the Lake District, mainly off road, had a rucksac on as well, with everything needed for hostelling. Did make sure it was the first climb of the day though!! I was very,very fit back then. Done much longer harder climbs in the Alps and Pyranees though. B) :blink:

Andy