C18RCH

Just rang to ask about parts availability and they were completely un-interested in talking to me, coughing straight down the phone and then to top it all, hung up on me.

Has anyone dealt with them before? Are they normally like this or just having a bad day? Looking at their website thay have a fair bit in stock and aren't that far away which would be useful.

Just rang to ask about parts availability and they were completely un-interested in talking to me, coughing straight down the phone and then to top it all, hung up on me.

Has anyone dealt with them before? Are they normally like this or just having a bad day? Looking at their website thay have a fair bit in stock and aren't that far away which would be useful.

Ditto, I tried twice to speak to them and both times they were completely disinterested. I wasn’t talking about an insignificant amount of bits either.

I understand they are just a posh scrappie, but when you get to the stage that you have glossy ads in the comics you have to step the level of customer service up a gear.

I was actually after a 110 CSW tub and B-posts (so quite spendy) but difficult to get at if you still have a more-or-less complete truck…in the end I found a complete rolling chassis for £300 from, of all places, Berkshire Land Rover (definitely not in the breaking for spares business!)

If they can’t even be bothered to answer a query from a potential punter they don’t deserve your business.

Going back a few years I paid over £600 for a set of defender doors that were supposidly mint. When they arrived the bottoms were corroded and blistered. The frames had completely cracked around the locks and the bottoms were very rusty. There were also several dents on the skins. Tried to get it sorted as they were clearly not as described but they were useless and not interested. I have not used them since and would not recomend them to anyone.

don,t know if colin white still runs it but he was into racing national hotrods which is a pricey hobby,i ordered from them 2 years ago,never received the parts and took 6 months to get my money back.

he runs a Ginetta G55 in the Ginetta chamionship BTCC support races, the car has the black/yellow CWS logo all over it.

http://ginetta.com/c...onship_supercup

Same as reckless above, only 10 minutes from me, useful for grabbing bits, and browsing for conversion parts (like a recent air box I wanted), but always overpriced, and grumpy, and uninterested, even in person.

there are plenty of other scrappies around so I wouldn't bother in all honesty . Dan's dismantlers in Bridgwater have been far more helpful in my experience.