QH Greaseable Track Rod Ends

eds

I ordered a set of TRE and they are supposed to be QH.

Here is a photo of one in its bag.

gallery_4554_1224_134482.jpg

I can't see any packaging that suggests that this is a QH product.

Can anyone help

Has anyone received QH TRE in this packaging before.

Does anyone know what QH TRE are packaged like to assist in identification.

Thanks as always

Ed

Can't help on the QH origin, but the Bearmach supplied greaseable TREs I got came in that packaging.

(When I complained they weren't the Lemforder parts I ordered, I was told to keep them FoC and Lemforder versions followed a few days later.)

The card board box is plain brown and the label is home made.

The seller said............

We only supply two makes of ball joint, our own & QH.

When ordered individually they will be in our boxes with a gear motif or QH boxes.

When ordered in a kit they are repacked for secure delivery into brown boxes which will be labelled TREK02 for ours & TREK02QH for QH joints.

Ours are in dark green bags with a gear motif and are not greasable.

QH joints are in yellow ZERUST bags and have grease nipplesm, plus QH part numbers on their base - Q25B1 for RH thread & Q27k0 for LH thread.

Can anyone

I can't find any reference to the codes on the internet and that surprises me a bit.

Has any one got one knocking around to cross check.

Thanks for the helpful photo and info :-)

I bought a disco set for the defender as I want to do a conversion to disco drop arm tre............

My numbers are Q08I0 and Q25B1.

I honestly thought Disco and Defender TRE are the same!

I thought TRE for the drag link and the track rod end are the same too, just differently threaded.

I bought 3 right threads and one left thread. I was thinking the track rod took left and right threads and the drag link took 2 right threads.

There is no manufacturer name just the code.

Out of interest - any opinions here as to what's better? QH greasable TREs or Lemforder OEM (non-greasable) TREs?

Apologies for thread hijack but seems sufficiently on-topic. Also (in my opinion) it always seems to be the the rubber boot that goes on these, whoever makes them. Presumably a geasable version is of no use if the rubber boot/cover has gone?

FWIW I ordered three QH TRE's yesterday and one is greasable and looks like these

kgrhqqokie5l6m2retboyie.jpg

with a 1/2" UNF thread above the taper pin, the two RH thread ones came in a rectangular QH box (the other box is square) and are non greasable, have a slightly smaller OD for the body and a 12mm pin.

I'll take some pics tomorrow.

Yep the TRE threads on the taper pin have been changed from 1/2" UNF to metric. Apart from the tread difference the diameters are 12mm and 12.7 mm for the Imperial converted to metric.You can even be a botcher and use either a 3/ 4" AF ring spanner/ socket or a 19mm one.

Lemforder have been 12mm forever, but the QH ones have always been UNF, however the two new ones are definately metric, the pin is shorter, a slightly smaller body (roughly 39.5mm OD vs 41mm OD) and sport a phosphate finish.

The boot does have a substantial lip on the taper which at least looks beefier, oh, and no grease nipple.

No part # on the bottom cap either although both types sport the same logo on the cap, a loopy arrow.

It's barely morning here ATM and a holiday to boot, I'll take some piccies later and get onto the supplier tomorrow to see if they can dig out some old stock QH.

These things are so cheap I'm half tempted to cut them open to see how they all compare internally

Yep the TRE threads on the taper pin have been changed from 1/2" UNF to metric. Apart from the tread difference the diameters are 12mm and 12.7 mm for the Imperial converted to metric.You can even be a botcher and use either a 3/ 4" AF ring spanner/ socket or a 19mm one.

3/4 of an inch is 19.05mm, with the way spanners are made to fit, 2 thou or .05 of a mm is and does make no difference.

• 9 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, where abouts did you buy greasable QH track rod ends from? My local motorfactors has shut down, and the only place on the internet that states they are QH is Gwyn Lewis - who wants £35 + £9 delivery for 4.

Cheers, Harry