Body type for dvla

mike4444244

Hi

I'm in the process of converting my 110 ht into a utility wagon, what do csw have on the v5? Mine currently states 'light 4x4 utility' and plg, it doesn't have a revenue weight on it, in fact, apart from the vin and engine numbers, wheelplan, capacity, fuel type and colour it doesn't have anything else recorded, should it? I was going to notify number of seats etc

Mike

The DVLA won't change it now from what I have understood unless you have a letter from the manufacturer stating it was built with that body type. This all seems quite anal and stupid by the DVLA but it is because of the London Emission Zone and the fact that CSW's are exempt where as other types of Defender are not.

I note from your location you are in Liverpool and probably couldn't care less about the LEZ, but I think you may get caught in it's fall out. Anyway my SW has a body type of Estate if that helps. Some however just have 'light 4x4 utility' and plg ...... so I'd leave it all alone if I was you :)

CSW is a COUNTY pack. It's the extras that Land Rover fit to the Defender station wagon...

My V5C has

D.2 Model/ type 110DEFENDER SW

Variant

Version

D.3 Body type LIGHT 4X4 UTILITY

CwazyWabbit

Do you mean that if you have a 110 CSW you are exempt but me with a station wagon without the extras is not exempt ? LOL

CSW is a COUNTY pack. It's the extras that Land Rover fit to the Defender station wagon...

CwazyWabbit

Do you mean that if you have a 110 CSW you are exempt but me with a station wagon without the extras is not exempt ? LOL

Nah, sorry about that ... slip of the typing finger..... or mind :) LOL

I’m doing the same as you Mike, and in fact have the same written on the V5…and I’ve come to the conclusion just to leave it. The DVLA are struggling enough with me changing the fuel to ‘Heavy Oil’ (200 Tdi conversion) – as has been discussed on other threads they want an invoice from the garage that did the work…

I don’t know what will happen when I tell them about the seat-count going up!!

Any chance of some piccies/a build thread?

Matt

I'd avoid changing it / adding more info than you need, knowing the DVLA once it's on there you may never get it off again. Given that most of the bits are just meccano anyway (roofs unbolt etc.) it's not that critical. If it's blank or vague that's usually more in your favour.

Thanks guys I'll leave well alone, I'd held off doing a build thread as it would likely turn into war and peace given the amount of work done vs actual driving time ratio over the last 7 years, in a nutshell 2 chassis swaps, a vandalising and a big accident in between occasional bouts of motoring!

Thanks for all the replies

Thanks guys I'll leave well alone, I'd held off doing a build thread as it would likely turn into war and peace given the amount of work done vs actual driving time ratio over the last 7 years

Fair enough - my own build thread has been languishing dormant for months, almost as much my truck has....damn things like needing to earn a living and house refurb keep getting in the way, not to mention spending quality time with SWMBO...

Back on-topic, looks like the sensible thing is to leave alone regarding seat numbers too...