Engine Number ?

Les Brock

Need a few answers

For my SVA I need to prove in some way the date of manufacture of the engine :blink:

so they can test the emmisions for that year, If I can't find any proof they test it to the current standards :o

Anyone have a chart or anything giving the date for a 200 Tdi # 12L-389**A Discovery motor :unsure:

Tried Land Rover already......no chance !

And

What cc is a Tdi 24?? cc

Max net power....KW rating (not BHP its not acceptable)?

Max power engine speed RPM (RPM which max power is produced not max RPM)?

Max road speed....for the Hybrid ?

Lt77/LT230/3.54 diffs on 265/75/16's BFG Muds for the SVA ;)

Not sure there is a chart for engine number age - best bet is to try and find out from LR Traceability what vehicle it was originally fitted to and that will tell you the age from the VIN number.

2495cc

Think it is 83kw :unsure:

and I think max power is at 4500rpm.... :unsure:

may be able to confirm both of those from old stuff I have at work

Hi Les

You can try LR Classic parts department. They should have a full list of engine numbers and know year of manufacture.

Also try Heritage Museum at Gaydon, they hold LR VIN records and may have Engine #'s too.

Cheers

Steve

Les,

With that configuration your calculated max speed is 111.1mph ………. But that does not take into account the ultra dynamic shape of the hybrid, transmission losses etc and the ‘balls’ of the driver. :D .... you gonna need a lot of power to to get to those numbers ....... tell them about 85 mph. ;)

Heres the screen capture

Speed.jpg

Ian

Need a few answers

For my SVA I need to prove in some way the date of manufacture of the engine :blink:

so they can test the emmisions for that year, If I can't find any proof they test it to the current standards :o

Anyone have a chart or anything giving the date for a 200 Tdi # 12L-389**A Discovery motor :unsure:

And

What cc is a Tdi 24?? cc

Max net power....KW rating (not BHP its not acceptable)?

Max power engine speed RPM (RPM which max power is produced not max RPM)?

Lt77/LT230/3.54 diffs on 265/75/16's BFG Muds for the SVA ;)

But Les, that's the engine we got out of the nicked 200Tdi that you bought off that dodgy geezer over in Swansea...

Need a few answers

And

What cc is a Tdi 24?? cc 2495cc or 152cu inches

Max net power....KW rating (not BHP its not acceptable)? 111.3bhp or 83KW to 80/1269/EEC

Max power engine speed RPM (RPM which max power is produced not max RPM)? @4000RPM

Max road speed....for the Hybrid ? don't know sorry

Lt77/LT230/3.54 diffs on 265/75/16's BFG Muds for the SVA ;)again not sure,so won't guess

hope that helps :i-m_so_happy:

For my SVA I need to prove in some way the date of manufacture of the engine.

And

A printed parts catalogue if such exists, is acceptable. Who/where/what did you contact at LR? I have a letter from them giving date of manufacturer for my lwt - I can pass that on to you. the address that is - are LR some cowboy outfit that does not have records to date an engine from a number?

Reason for max speed is to ensure the speed rating of your tyres is correct - you may wish to adjust the max. speed accordingly :rolleyes: ... but don't put it so low as the SVA folks are well clued up to all the tricks; (if this is a problem then you could put in lower ratio diffs? - but then your speedo wil be out ...) likewise with the max power/rpm (noise test) - probably won't affect you unless you've got a straight through box.