Llandovery camping

disco tony

I didn't think they allowed camping any more - why would they when they can sting you for a room and insist you buy dinner too.

After the last visit - I think it will be the last!

Si

I stayed at Llanerchindda Farm last year, and have only the best things to say really. Very helpful people, very friendly, and no, they didn't force us to but dinner either - though we were 'self catering'.

Having said that, we did but the breakfast on the leaving day from them, and most excellent it was too.

I don't believe rough camping is available there though. Get in touch with http://www.westwaleslaning.co.uk/ John there was very helpful speaking to us before our trip, and works hard to keep things in shape and keeps on top of any laning issues.

Kev

I didn't think they allowed camping any more - why would they when they can sting you for a room and insist you buy dinner too.

Si

Very surprised to hear that Simon. As Kev says we stayed there last summer and I couldn't fault it!

What issues did you have?

I was there with Simon (I assume it was the same occasion, I think a forum trip) and felt that the 'hosts' were very hostile to the idea of us going into Llandovery to eat - words to the effect of 'we could have let the rooms to people who would also have paid to eat here' were used directly to us which is not the way to treat a guest IMHO. As nice a location as Llanerchindda Farm is, here are no shortage of cheaper and nicer places to stay in Wales where the welcome is rather warmer. I do not plan to return to Llanerchindda Farm under it's current management and I will certainly not take another group there!

Chris

Si

I stayed there last weekend , my wife booked a surprise 40th weekend for me and a group of friends came as well , I can only say how helpful the people were , they lent me a cb aerial and a pair of wellies (er indoors forgot em) for the weekend.

They also gave me a memory map overlay for strata and some other lanes which made for a really nice day .

They really couldn't have been more helpful.

Cheers

Gary

Thanks Chris - it was the same occasion.

Maybe it's unfair to judge them on one poor experience - but as Chris said, the area is not short of superb accommodation so it makes no sense to me to pay to find out if it was a one-off.

Having said that, it is Land Rover friendly and the facilities are good - particularly in having a map room and Jet wash.

Si

Its a shame you had a bad experience,

I can only say I have never stayed at a more helpful place. I went for a long weekend last april for my birthday, the hosts had decorated my room, and had made a birthday cake without being asked, they where very helpful in sorting out two days laning.

I went back the first weekend of Febuary this year for two nights, their web site prices were wrong but they still honoured the cheaper price. Due to snow in amsterdam one of the party was 4 hours late landing, so we arrived at 0300 , we had prearranged to have a door left open but some one had been out for a fag and locked it, but one phone call and the door was opened in 3 minutes. We were the only 4x4, all the other people were trail bikers, it was so icey all these guys left early, and were given refunds for the unused nights.

That has ben my personal experience, and would not hesitate to recommend Llanerchidda to anyone I know based on my stays there.

Les

I'm pretty surprised to hear that the guys at Llanerchindda said that to you Si! I don't doubt you for a second, obviously, just very surprised that Lynn, Martin, Mark or Andrew would have said that!!

In their defence, they are running a business. The rooms in the guesthouse are easier let out to individual couples than to groups, and if you'd been in Y Stabl (the adjoining building) they wouldn't have said anything, I'm sure, as that part IS intended to be self catering.

Either way though, I'm still going at the end of the month and can't wait!!

Tom