Rear winch (from Hell) Final throws :

:D

Here you go, ..........loads to laugh at :

Bige difference to the last (Mark 1 version) is the "Sides- these go from the bottom of the lowest point of the rear of the 90s chassis (low) to the top virtually of the highest point of the 90s chassis as is curves up, ta to bishbosh n charles for help with design work.... :

ReaWinchMounting2-004Medium.jpg

This will tommorrow be drilled through, and the chassis tubed to reinforce - before multiple additional bolts go in.....

Earlier today decided to weld the top plate in position rather than bolt for strength and made bigger, MM winch now has 4x bolts at the front and 2x bolts both top abd bottom plates, the MM has the be helped in with the "LR Special adjusting tool no 11 (Rubber mallet) :lol:

RearWinchFinal-001Medium.jpg

and more welding :

RearWinchFinal-002Medium.jpg

and more

RearWinchFinal-003Medium.jpg

more :

RearWinchFinal-004Medium.jpg

Still F More :lol:

RearWinchFinal-005Medium.jpg

Guess what the next pic is more of :huh:

:D

RearWinchFinal-006Medium.jpg

Anyone like a change ?....ok how about "Penetration" pics then :P

RearWinchFinal-007Medium.jpg

and then a goodly coat of primer and top coat ....sorry Tonk ...."Primer" :lol:

RearWinchFinal-011Medium.jpg

and fitted for test work, ...........with special tool 11a again :rolleyes:

RearWinchFinal-014Medium.jpg

More tomorrow with bolts and tubes in chassis and the connect pipes and have a mate wanting a tree root removed ............. :rolleyes::huh::D ............."Mmmmm Testing N Beer too :)

Nige

About the same weight as the last one :P which bent (due to poor design and rush job on my part) but this is out of 6mm plate and lots of guusets, ..........last one was out of ..................<cough> ..............10mm bit of 12mm .............and loads of 8mm :lol:

Sits at the same height as when last unit was in, may still do a version 3, see how it goes....

Tony,

Yes it prob would,

I am thinking I'll see how this goes, but the plan c crossing my mind is a handmade rear cross member with the winch behind it, I would also build into it a couple of other ideas, but this will take a huge amount of time, and this gets me back on the road (or is that back off road) with twin winches for zero money other than a drink for steel and time....

Being unboltable I can remove the entire unit if I later go plan c but at the mo I have more work on than I can poke a stick at - so Plan B will have to do for a while....

Hey ho and skippy doo

Nige :)

Nige,

Looking good. I would however take you back to the last thread where Bush and myself were discussing how you were attaching it to the chassis. I had assumed welded in and when Bush pointed out that you might bolt it in I recommended vertical stiffeners adjacent to the bolt hole positions.

I think these will be very important with a bolted connection as (obviously) the loads are concentrated into a small area (under the bolt head) and the plate is being loaded across its weak axis.

I would strongly suggest you put some in - even if it means more welding (you need the practice after all :lol::lol: ) and it's only a bit of primer!

Arrghhhhhhhh :hysterical:

Tree stumps removed, but I really don't like the unit :lol: at all.

With the really soft springs it has really upset the handling off road (had to drive around his garden and up a terraced wall across flower bed ...the mates neighbours wondered WTF was going on :D

So, all that work, ......now all removed and shoved to one side :blink:

Plan C Has started, and it will take ages to make but wot the Hell :rolleyes:

Will repost when done - a few weeks definately !

Lucky I can't change my forum name, from HFH to "Andy" as in :

"yeah I like it"

"Sure ?"

"yeah"

"You sure you like it "

"Yeah"

"Your having it then ?"

"Yeah"

.........1st venture off road .......(well garden and terraced climb - needed locker tho :hysterical: )

"I don't like it " :angry:

Ho Hum !

Nige :hysterical:

poss weight issues?

:hysterical: never bothered Nige in the past :hysterical:

Seriously, nice bit of fabrication though,

as your moving onto V3 how about sending V1 to BogMonster -----

he could use it as a anchor for his RIB :hysterical:

Edited by western

So, all that work, ......now all removed and shoved to one side :blink:

Plan C Has started, and it will take ages to make but wot the Hell :rolleyes:

I knew you'd see sense in the end :D

Trust you to go on a major fabricating mission when steel prices are at there highest for years,

No doubt there'll be more price rises to come after you've welded china's 2007 stocks to the back of your 90" though. :ph34r:

I knew you'd see sense in the end :D

Trust you to go on a major fabricating mission when steel prices are at there highest for years,

No doubt there'll be more price rises to come after you've welded china's 2007 stocks to the back of your 90" though. :ph34r:

Dan, he's not the only muppet who's doing silly steel work with these high prices. Numpty here is having a new exhaust, snorkel, cage, rear cross member, wings, bumper and bullbars made. Nige, you better hurry up or prices are going to double :lol:

Seriously, what are you planning for the rear end? Simerlar to what I'm doing? Are you going to be asking the same mate to do the folding?