Expansion tank expanded a bit too far

Evening all chaps

Driving my 300tdi 110 tonight the expansion tank decided to go bang. Now providing i can get a replacement first thing in the morning is it just a simple task of swapping over and just topping up with water/antifreeze?(if so how much of each part) Looking at the puddle that formed it didn't seem like a vast amount of water.

Will there be any need to drain/bleed the system

Thanks in adavance

Mark

PS: Does anyone in berkshire has a spare 300tdi expansion tank in exchange for some beer tokens

this is the later version straight swap for the black version,

part number PCF101590

Does anyone know if they're better in anyway or just a different colour?

I know the 300Tdi expansion tank is a weak point and can split. There are aluminium replacements available, although i'd worry that something else (radiator) might then become the weak point.

Are you sure of the reason for the expansion tank exploding? Its probably worth checking / replacing the cap and doing a few checks for head gasket failure, hopefully its just an old duff tank, but would hate for you to put a new one on and for the same thing happen.